Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 35 Covington Catholic 28

Featured Replies

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51947[/ATTACH]

 

To stir the pot a little bit, England doesn't look very happy in that picture. Didn't even see a stat line for him, did he play?

 

I know it has only been one game but I asked in a thread a week or so ago if the addition of Morgan meant England's carries would be cut, and it seems like last night was the case. Could this be an issue going forward? Congrats to Ryle on a solid opening win. Union is representing well this weekend.

  • Replies 149
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To stir the pot a little bit, England doesn't look very happy in that picture. Didn't even see a stat line for him, did he play?

 

I know it has only been one game but I asked in a thread a week or so ago if the addition of Morgan meant England's carries would be cut, and it seems like last night was the case. Could this be an issue going forward? Congrats to Ryle on a solid opening win. Union is representing well this weekend.

 

When you are averaging one yard per carry, how many carries should you get?

To stir the pot a little bit, England doesn't look very happy in that picture. Didn't even see a stat line for him, did he play?

 

I know it has only been one game but I asked in a thread a week or so ago if the addition of Morgan meant England's carries would be cut, and it seems like last night was the case. Could this be an issue going forward? Congrats to Ryle on a solid opening win. Union is representing well this weekend.

 

That looks like the pregame handshake. He's probably trying to look intimidating. Nothing to see here.

When you are averaging one yard per carry, how many carries should you get?

Yeah Ryle could not run the ball....but then again, why would you? The colonel defense really struggled against the three step drop and quick passes. Ryle was more or less, moving the ball at will.

200 yards in the first half but they kept saying he locks on to one receiver.

 

It's high school football and he has a go to guy.

Well, he doesn't lock on to one guy and Qbs that only throw to a "go to guy"generally are watching games.

 

Any team that tries to play pressed up tight man to man in high school football is going to get smoked. Especially, when you are facing an offense and Qb that know what to do to beat it. A few times all Ryle had to do was go trips to one side and CCH would almost automatically go tight man on the backside. Then after Ryle recognized this, they went with the slant to the backside, that went for about a 60yd td to get Ryle started.

 

Ryle did the same thing early, when CCH went three wr's to one side, that is when CCH hit their first passing td. They pretty much stopped doing it after that...

When you are averaging one yard per carry, how many carries should you get?

 

Really? If you have the top back in the area arguably, you should still give him the ball. I haven't heard how many times he ran or anything, again, was just stirring the pot and joking around.

 

But football 101 tells you not to throw every play. Makes the game easier for a good defense with a solid secondary. You still have to run the ball to keep teams honest. I just figured he would have had some kind of impact

To stir the pot a little bit, England doesn't look very happy in that picture. Didn't even see a stat line for him, did he play?

 

I know it has only been one game but I asked in a thread a week or so ago if the addition of Morgan meant England's carries would be cut, and it seems like last night was the case. Could this be an issue going forward? Congrats to Ryle on a solid opening win. Union is representing well this weekend.

 

Probably will be a three back rotation. We have three horses who can all go. When you have that many athletes, all seniors we will use them all. It's all about the team and none of them have a problem with minutes, or carries. From what I hear the only Stat that matters is win or lose.

I'm going to say it again as I've said it the last 2 years so go ahead Ryle fans and bash me as I have no clue. But with Tanner Morgan now at QB how much more devastating would Ryles offense be with England at TE? Scary would be my definition.

Probably will be a three back rotation. We have three horses who can all go. When you have that many athletes, all seniors we will use them all. It's all about the team and none of them have a problem with minutes, or carries. From what I hear the only Stat that matters is win or lose.

 

Agreed, like I mentioned before, was just having a little fun with the picture. Was just curious because when you have someone as dynamic as England, you have to give him the ball, even if he was only averaging 2 yards a carry.

I'm going to say it again as I've said it the last 2 years so go ahead Ryle fans and bash me as I have no clue. But with Tanner Morgan now at QB how much more devastating would Ryles offense be with England at TE? Scary would be my definition.

 

Especially if you have the 3 headed monster in the backfield like FTN was mentioning. Could see that being even better for their QB

Especially if you have the 3 headed monster in the backfield like FTN was mentioning. Could see that being even better for their QB

 

It's a long season. Who knows how things play out. Cov Cath was bent on stopping the run. It opened up passing lanes. We would love to be multidimensional but will take what we are given.

It's a long season. Who knows how things play out. Cov Cath was bent on stopping the run. It opened up passing lanes. We would love to be multidimensional but will take what we are given.

Just don't put him at TE when they play Cooper lol. I don't want to think about that at all.

I'm going to say it again as I've said it the last 2 years so go ahead Ryle fans and bash me as I have no clue. But with Tanner Morgan now at QB how much more devastating would Ryles offense be with England at TE? Scary would be my definition.

 

Their 3 TE's had over 140 yards receiving last night. I think they are good.

11951978_781842085292709_6880537456552824014_n.jpg

 

One of my brothers pictures.

200 yards in the first half but they kept saying he locks on to one receiver.

 

I'm going to say it again as I've said it the last 2 years so go ahead Ryle fans and bash me as I have no clue. But with Tanner Morgan now at QB how much more devastating would Ryles offense be with England at TE? Scary would be my definition.

Jake Long at TE is scary right now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.