Leslie 12 Allen Central 11

This was a fun game to watch. It was Senior night for the Eagles. Allen central had the lead in the 6th inning 11 to 6 then Leslie tied it up in the bottom of the 6th. Allen central's coach was ejected after argueing a call. Then Leslie got runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Quentin Morgan was at the plate when AC's pitcher threw a wild pitch that hit the front of the plate and over the backstop scoring Casey Bowling for the win.

Congratulations to Leslie County on the win. You really have a fine bunch of boys and I enjoy seeing our boys competing with them.

On the other hand -- this was a very poor officiated game by the umpires. They cost AC 2 runs in the 6th, and were very rude with a cocky attitude toward AC players all evening. AC has a good bunch of kids this year (as does Leslie) and the umpire has no reason to get an attitude with a kid for no reason or having his hat tilted a little to the side.

In the 6th inning, AC's runner was called out for interference while running from second to third. The problem with this call is that it was completely wrong according to the National Federation of State High School Associations Rules Book -- in which the KHSAA goes by. Rule 8, Section 4, Article G says, "The runner is out and the ball remains alive unless interference occurs if a runner intentionally interferes with a throw or a thrown ball; or he hinders a fielder on his initial attempt to field a batted ball. A fielder is not protected, except from INTENTIONAL contact if he misplays the ball and has to move from his original location; or his being put out is prevented by an illegal act by anyone connected with the team or by the batter-runner; for runner returning to base; and for runner being hit by a batted ball."

The Allen Central runner did NOT touch the batted ball nor the fielder nor go out of the baseline to hinder the fielder from making the play nor run in front of the fielder while fielding the ball or throwing the ball. The AC runner completely avoided the fielder and the batted ball as he jumped up and back completely avoiding the SS. He was close to the SS, but in no way interfered with the play, but did all possible to stay away. The problem does not lie just with this however. The interference call was NOT made immediately. The SS fielded the throw, made a poor throw (not taking anything away from the Leslie SS -- he is an amazing kid and a great player) to first base and it got away from the first baseman. The runner who was called out for interference had scored by this time. Then the umpire calls interference after the play was made and AC had scored 2 runs. Very poor judgement.

In the case of the AC coach being ejected. He wasn't given fair warning or a chance to question the call. He was ejected while going to the plate to question the call. Then once he got to the plate he became a little more angry with the official for the call made (although this call possibly was the right call). The umpire didn't warn AC's coach at any point during the game, nor restrict him to the dugout and ejected him while coming to home plate to question a call. IMO, these officials were very rude and did a poor job representing KHSAA officials and Leslie County. (Completely nothing against Leslie County. Leslie is a very hospitable group. They have been a class act in treating AC with dignity and respect. I know that LC had invited the players and coaches to eat after the game, but under the circumstances, I hope it is understandable why AC chose to take the players to the bus directly after the game -- especially given the atmosphere of the time.)

Also, I am not sure of why AC was forced to take Scott Little off the mound. The head coach was charged with a mound visit while questioning the call at home plate according to the umpires and then when AC's assistant went out to calm the players down after the ejection, the umpires made him switch pitchers.

Probally the best game I have ever watched... The homeruns by both teams, Coach tripping out & getting ejected (kicked dirt over homeplate...pretty funny by the way) & the final play when the ball bounced over the back fence witch is pretty high I might add (20 feet maybe I dunno). Bases were loaded @ the time so that forced the winning run to walk in. That would be a heartbreaking loss for a team. Anyway, congrats Eagles & to Jermster & Smiley on the homers & good luck in District & Region play!

Congratulations to Leslie County on the win. You really have a fine bunch of boys and I enjoy seeing our boys competing with them.

On the other hand -- this was a very poor officiated game by the umpires. They cost AC 2 runs in the 6th, and were very rude with a cocky attitude toward AC players all evening. AC has a good bunch of kids this year (as does Leslie) and the umpire has no reason to get an attitude with a kid for no reason or having his hat tilted a little to the side.

In the 6th inning, AC's runner was called out for interference while running from second to third. The problem with this call is that it was completely wrong according to the National Federation of State High School Associations Rules Book -- in which the KHSAA goes by. Rule 8, Section 4, Article G says, "The runner is out and the ball remains alive unless interference occurs if a runner intentionally interferes with a throw or a thrown ball; or he hinders a fielder on his initial attempt to field a batted ball. A fielder is not protected, except from INTENTIONAL contact if he misplays the ball and has to move from his original location; or his being put out is prevented by an illegal act by anyone connected with the team or by the batter-runner; for runner returning to base; and for runner being hit by a batted ball."

The Allen Central runner did NOT touch the batted ball nor the fielder nor go out of the baseline to hinder the fielder from making the play nor run in front of the fielder while fielding the ball or throwing the ball. The AC runner completely avoided the fielder and the batted ball as he jumped up and back completely avoiding the SS. He was close to the SS, but in no way interfered with the play, but did all possible to stay away. The problem does not lie just with this however. The interference call was NOT made immediately. The SS fielded the throw, made a poor throw (not taking anything away from the Leslie SS -- he is an amazing kid and a great player) to first base and it got away from the first baseman. The runner who was called out for interference had scored by this time. Then the umpire calls interference after the play was made and AC had scored 2 runs. Very poor judgement.

In the case of the AC coach being ejected. He wasn't given fair warning or a chance to question the call. He was ejected while going to the plate to question the call. Then once he got to the plate he became a little more angry with the official for the call made (although this call possibly was the right call). The umpire didn't warn AC's coach at any point during the game, nor restrict him to the dugout and ejected him while coming to home plate to question a call. IMO, these officials were very rude and did a poor job representing KHSAA officials and Leslie County. (Completely nothing against Leslie County. Leslie is a very hospitable group. They have been a class act in treating AC with dignity and respect. I know that LC had invited the players and coaches to eat after the game, but under the circumstances, I hope it is understandable why AC chose to take the players to the bus directly after the game -- especially given the atmosphere of the time.)

Also, I am not sure of why AC was forced to take Scott Little off the mound. The head coach was charged with a mound visit while questioning the call at home plate according to the umpires and then when AC's assistant went out to calm the players down after the ejection, the umpires made him switch pitchers.

I know from AC point of View the Umpire made a lot of lousy calls but the right one. I think you maybe over reacting just a tad about the AC coach getting tossed. The coach acted like a mad man kicking dirt even after the AC catcher told him it was the right call. and for the interference to me it did look like the runner tried to bump into the player but every one had a point of view. As for the ball jumping over the backstop that was just pure luck and i was sorry to see that a game ended like that. Both teams are really good and should go far in the playoffs.

I know from AC point of View the Umpire made a lot of lousy calls but the right one. I think you maybe over reacting just a tad about the AC coach getting tossed. The coach acted like a mad man kicking dirt even after the AC catcher told him it was the right call. and for the interference to me it did look like the runner tried to bump into the player but every one had a point of view. As for the ball jumping over the backstop that was just pure luck and i was sorry to see that a game ended like that. Both teams are really good and should go far in the playoffs.

After AC's own player told the coach it was the right call the coach still wouldnt give in. The catcher had one of if not the best view of the play & I'm sure he's not telling the coach that it was interference just so his own team would lose. The coach was wrong & he knew it but it doesnt matter now the game is over & Leslie won & that is that.

After AC's own player told the coach it was the right call the coach still wouldnt give in. The catcher had one of if not the best view of the play & I'm sure he's not telling the coach that it was interference just so his own team would lose. The coach was wrong & he knew it but it doesnt matter now the game is over & Leslie won & that is that.

:thumb:

For leslie they pitched three they started with the starting Short Stop; Hendrix then went to an outfielder who played Replacement for Hendrix; Hubbard. They finished the Game with a Junior named Preston Davidson who manily pitched JV. He however game up big time and showed that he could be a good closer to use in upcomming tourney time.

The only problem I have with this was that AC's coach was ejected before he even got out to the plate. And from my point of view, he hadn't said anything out of the way or acted like a mad man until after he was tossed. I guess he just wanted to make his ejection worth getting ejected since he was tossed before he could even question the call. Ac's coach hadn't ever been ejected before in a game, and from what I know, has been friends with almost every umpire AC's had. I do know that these umpires were cocky and arrogant toward AC's players most of the night even before the game began. The sad thing is that these umps had never had AC before and do not know that there is a great bunch of kids who are a class act and do not react out of the way in games.

As for the interference call on the AC runner -- the runner was in the baseline and did not touch the fielder nor run in front of him or out of the baseline. The rule is he has to do one of these to be called interference and then the interference call should be made then and there -- not after the play was made and the runs had scored. It was a bad call that cost AC a couple of runs and possibly a bigger inning. But nonetheless, it is over and LC did make a big comeback to win on Senior night. Congrats to the Eagle Seniors.

The only problem I have with this was that AC's coach was ejected before he even got out to the plate. And from my point of view, he hadn't said anything out of the way or acted like a mad man until after he was tossed. I guess he just wanted to make his ejection worth getting ejected since he was tossed before he could even question the call. Ac's coach hadn't ever been ejected before in a game, and from what I know, has been friends with almost every umpire AC's had. I do know that these umpires were cocky and arrogant toward AC's players most of the night even before the game began. The sad thing is that these umps had never had AC before and do not know that there is a great bunch of kids who are a class act and do not react out of the way in games.

As for the interference call on the AC runner -- the runner was in the baseline and did not touch the fielder nor run in front of him or out of the baseline. The rule is he has to do one of these to be called interference and then the interference call should be made then and there -- not after the play was made and the runs had scored. It was a bad call that cost AC a couple of runs and possibly a bigger inning. But nonetheless, it is over and LC did make a big comeback to win on Senior night. Congrats to the Eagle Seniors.

I'm sure that the coach had either been getting onto the ump the entire game or when he was walking out there he might have said that "magic word" that the ump just would immediatly toss the coach. I don't know the "magic word" but some umps have a short fuse.

Leslie is 24-4 I believe. In their last 11 games Leslie is 7-4. Those 4 losses are the only losses Leslie has this season. They have scored 7 runs to there opponents 16 in those losses. The 4 opponents Leslie lost to has a combined record of 61-40. Leslie is 11-1 (lost to Lee @ Lee 3-1) in region & 7-0 in district play. Leslie has yet to play either Estill, Powell or Letcher. They wont play any of those teams unless they meet in region play. Leslie plays Buckhorn Monday @ Perry Central in the first round of the 54th district tourney. They have played twice this season & Leslie has won both games. The total score for both teams is Leslie 30 Buckhorn 4. IF Leslie can win that game they will play the winner of the Perry Central/Hazard game. They are 3-0 against Hazard & 2-0 against Perry Central. Total of the Leslie/Hazard game score is 19 to 5 & the total of the Leslie/Perry game score is 14 to 1.

Yea I was bored & wanted to crunch some numbers. Anyway, goodluck Leslie the rest of the way! Bring back to back District titles home & bring a region title while your at it!

For leslie they pitched three they started with the starting Short Stop; Hendrix then went to an outfielder who played Replacement for Hendrix; Hubbard. They finished the Game with a Junior named Preston Davidson who manily pitched JV. He however game up big time and showed that he could be a good closer to use in upcomming tourney time.

Who pitched for Allen Central?

Nick Music started the game. Tyler Turner came in the 3rd inning and pitched into the 5th. Scott Little came in the 5th inning and pitched into the 6th. Then after the coach was ejected, the AC assistant coach came out onto the mound to calm the AC players down. The umpires then told the AC assistant that they had charged the AC coach with a mound visit when he came to the plate to question the call, and that they had to remove Little from the mound. Josh Prater then came in and got the Rebels out of the 6th inning with a big strikeout. Prater pitched the 7th inning and took the loss.

Also, according the the "magic word". AC's coach is a very respectable man and has never used foul language with his players nor the umpires, and he never on this night either. As a matter of fact, he had spoken with the umpires quite a few times already this night with the utmost respect for them. They even shook hands in a conference after the 2nd inning. These umpires were just cocky and arrogant, and made the game about them instead of about the kids playing. These were two great teams playing great competitive baseball -- the umpires should not be noticed. A sign of a good umpire is when you don't notice him during the game. These two umpires were noticed for questionable calls on both sides at least 4 out of 7 innings.

Nick Music started the game. Tyler Turner came in the 3rd inning and pitched into the 5th. Scott Little came in the 5th inning and pitched into the 6th. Then after the coach was ejected, the AC assistant coach came out onto the mound to calm the AC players down. The umpires then told the AC assistant that they had charged the AC coach with a mound visit when he came to the plate to question the call, and that they had to remove Little from the mound. Josh Prater then came in and got the Rebels out of the 6th inning with a big strikeout. Prater pitched the 7th inning and took the loss.

Also, according the the "magic word". AC's coach is a very respectable man and has never used foul language with his players nor the umpires, and he never on this night either. As a matter of fact, he had spoken with the umpires quite a few times already this night with the utmost respect for them. They even shook hands in a conference after the 2nd inning. These umpires were just cocky and arrogant, and made the game about them instead of about the kids playing. These were two great teams playing great competitive baseball -- the umpires should not be noticed. A sign of a good umpire is when you don't notice him during the game. These two umpires were noticed for questionable calls on both sides at least 4 out of 7 innings.

Yea didn't look like he used foul language:rolleyes: .