Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/St.Xavier incoming Frosh

Featured Replies

  • Replies 72
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are 8th graders able to start lifiting at these schools before the end of their school year? I know in Jefferson County although students have been "accepted" to a particular school they still can't be involved in any activities until their 8th grade year ends. How is this FAIR that these schools or any private school is able to do this? Just asking.

How are 8th graders able to start lifiting at these schools before the end of their school year? I know in Jefferson County although students have been "accepted" to a particular school they still can't be involved in any activities until their 8th grade year ends. How is this FAIR that these schools or any private school is able to do this? Just asking.

Oh really? I know many 8th graders playing on freshman teams at public schools, which, by the way, is not happening at private schools. Ex. JCTMS 8th grader is paying for Male baseball. How is this fair, just asking?

Two comments. First, as noted above, many middle school students play on high school teams in the JCPS. Second, if JCPS choose to place restrictions on themselves, why is it unfair that others choose not to impose those restrictions.

Come on down and lift. It will cost you $75.00!

How are 8th graders able to start lifiting at these schools before the end of their school year? I know in Jefferson County although students have been "accepted" to a particular school they still can't be involved in any activities until their 8th grade year ends. How is this FAIR that these schools or any private school is able to do this? Just asking.

 

As others have pointed out this is an entirely specious argument because students below the high school level participate in varsity sports all over the state. Some private schools choose not to allow this. Does that mean that all of the public schools should stop because some private schools choose not to allow it? All that is happening here is that 8th graders who have taken the placement exam and have pre-registered at Trinity are allowed to workout with other 8th graders who have done the same.

Anyway, back to the topic of thread. Does anyone have any information on how the incoming freshman football candidates at St. X and Trinity are doing?:D

Didn't mean to get all you T and X fans all in an uproar. Just asking a question. I'd also in be interested in knowing how the 8th grade kids are progressing for their new teams.

How are 8th graders able to start lifiting at these schools before the end of their school year? I know in Jefferson County although students have been "accepted" to a particular school they still can't be involved in any activities until their 8th grade year ends. How is this FAIR that these schools or any private school is able to do this? Just asking.

 

Most schools do it. I guess you choose not too. The real question should be, why do you not give your kids every opportunity to improve? Do you not want to put in the effort? Just asking. :rolleyes:

Most schools do it. I guess you choose not too. The real question should be, why do you not give your kids every opportunity to improve? Do you not want to put in the effort? Just asking. :rolleyes:

 

Lighten up on the man, I was unaware this was allowed in Jefferson County, too. I knew it happened elsewhere in KY, but I figured that it was a county by county thing. Like some counties with a certain number of schools could, but if you have more, then you couldn't. I'm really ignorant on this particular subject.

While I don't have a dog in this hunt, my only comment is if you lead with your chin, don't act upset or surprised when someone hits it.

Lighten up on the man, I was unaware this was allowed in Jefferson County, too. I knew it happened elsewhere in KY, but I figured that it was a county by county thing. Like some counties with a certain number of schools could, but if you have more, then you couldn't. I'm really ignorant on this particular subject.

 

I will lighten up when I no longer have to fight for what I believe in. I guess it's the Trinity in me coming out.

I know that Trinity has a great incoming freshman lineman coming all the way from Franklin County everyday next year. He has great size and is very intillegent. I seen him about 4 months ago with all his new trinity gear on. The coaches at Franklin County are very sad to see him go.

I would make a comment about T having a kid from outside Jefferson County. However, it would probably get me banned AGAIN so I will leave it alone.

Most schools do it. I guess you choose not too. The real question should be, why do you not give your kids every opportunity to improve? Do you not want to put in the effort? Just asking. :rolleyes:

 

Allowing eight graders to participate in a program before the end of the school year could wind up being a open house for students looking at athletic programs.

 

I and four others participated in workouts at manual my eigth grade year(1995) before our coach found it to be illegal. Of those five only two ended up in Manual, one went to St X and two went to thier home school Fairdale.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.