Blacktop Basketball League at Silverlake

Anyone familiar with this? Anyone have kids that have played in it, or are playing in it? Solid league? Well run?

My guys did it. It's a great way to get some practice and court time. But it has a been few years, so I don't know how it has been lately.

.... Anyone familiar with this? Anyone have kids that have played in it' date=' or are playing in it? Solid league? Well run?[/quote']

Both of my boys played in it just to give an idea of how long it has been around.

Solid. Not sure if I would make the drive from your abode.

I played in it back in the day and actually reffed there briefly.

Does Kevin Bundy still run it? If so, it's a well run league. It's certainly been around a while.

I haven't been there in ages, but it (used to be) a legit league. Can't speak to it nowadays.

Been a number of years since my kids played in it, but it was well run, and great for getting the kids back into basketball mode. My only complaint with it was the courts. Not sure if they are still like this, but I saw a number of kids, mostly older, roll their ankles. One in fact broke his. They all happened under the baskets where they would go up, and come down right against the fence where the court would drop off. There was very little space past the back boards.

Been a number of years since my kids played in it, but it was well run, and great for getting the kids back into basketball mode. My only complaint with it was the courts. Not sure if they are still like this, but I saw a number of kids, mostly older, roll their ankles. One in fact broke his. They all happened under the baskets where they would go up, and come down right against the fence where the court would drop off. There was very little space past the back boards.

I think they re-did the courts not too long ago, although I doubt there is much space in between the fence & the hoop.

All three of my boys have played in it and two are in it again this year. Some years have been better than others but overall it is a good experience. Called like an AAU game so you better be strong with the ball. They have straightened the goals out and cut the trees back on the one end so that they do not interfere with the baskets. It is a good kickstart to the season.

Kevin Bundy is in his 20th year of running the Blacktop League for the City of Erlanger and does a fine job of organizing and operating the league.

Brossart High School has benefitted greatly by having our young "up and comers" play in the league over the years.

Kevin is flexible and works around teams/players soccer/football conflicts, working their games into a three nights a week format that runs for about ten weeks.

Coach Bundy is a respected member of our coaching staff, specializing in working with our "bigs." The upcoming season will be his ninth year with the Mustangs.

You can contact Coach Bundy at kbundy21@aol.com for more information.