Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

StXBomber88

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by StXBomber88

  1. I thought the referees were just fine. It took a while for the kids to adjust to all the hand checking fouls, but in the games I saw the kids figured it out. Resulted in higher scoring games. Best team won both the 9th and 11th grade brackets. I didn't see much of 10th grade.
  2. I would predict today's winners are Lloyd, St. Henry, NCC, Walton, Highlands, Connor, Holy Cross, and Boone. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Scott beat Lloyd and Simon Kenton beat NCC, those games are really going to be tough.
  3. St Henry loses to South Laurel by 2 and beats Whitesburg by 8 tonight.
  4. Has anyone posted the bracket yet? I hear the top half is loaded and that whoever comes out of that half of the bracket has earned it.
  5. St Henry started fast out of the gate with an 8-0 lead before Walton Verona settled down and finished the first quarter with a 13-11 lead. St Henry builds up a 5 point lead to start the second quarter, but ends up trailing 33-26 at half. The Crusaders cut into the lead in the third quarter and trailed 42-39 after three. That was about as close as it got, as every time St Henry got close Walton Verona ran off a few baskets in a row to push the lead back out. Walton Verona has three or four kids who really shoot the ball well from deep. They made a nice adjustment to double down on the St Henry big man and the Crusaders got a little sloppy in the second and fourth quarters. If Walton Verona can hit the three they are tough. Good luck in the finals against Holy Cross tomorrow night.
  6. There are games at 4pm, 5:20pm, 6:40pm and St henry plays Walton Verona at 8pm. I had to work last night and do not know who won the other games.
  7. Walton Verona looked very good over the summer when the Cru scrimmaged them. They can really shoot the ball. My son played with a few of the Dixie freshman, they will be strong.
  8. I'm working all afternoon and evening tomorrow, but will be there Thursday and Friday. I have not seen any minutes from 7 of the teams in the tournament.
  9. Freshmen tournament starts tomorrow with the following games NCC vs Beechwood Holy Cross vs Cooper St Henry vs Holmes Walton Verona vs Dixie Looking forward to seeing some games over the next three days.
  10. Having coached against most of the CovCath boys over the years I would argue that France is their best freshman point guard. Taller than Murphy, sees the court better, distributes the ball better and plays better defense. Murphy is talented, but France makes everyone around him better. But that is just my opinion. Time will tell.
  11. The boys were well aware since we played their JV team only 4 days previous. It was a very entertaining game that is much easier to stomach when you come out on the winning side. Calvary has some talented players. They gave us fits at times.
  12. St Henry loses to Ryle 1-0 in 12:45 game.
  13. St Henry beats Calvary on PK's at 10:15 game after playing to a 5-5 tie.
  14. St Henry over Carrol County 10-0
  15. I think our boys were banging shoulders early in the second half. Highlands has a really good program and I enjoy the competition we get every year. Good luck this year.
  16. With my second and third boys now playing for the Cru program I will have to say that the grass is an adjustment for many teams that come there. And yesterday the ball was moving extremely slow. I thought Highlands played with much more intensity in the second half. The game was very physical and I thought the center ref did a good job of not letting it get out of hand. Maybe that's how all Varsity games are, it's been a while since I've seen a varsity game on a regular basis. Highlands won Freshman game 3-1 with both teams getting multiple looks. Highlands went in and St Henry's did not. Highlands won JV game 3-0 after a 0-0 first half. The Cru had a few good scoring opportunities there also. Bluebirds had two bigger kids that looked related that were very talented. One of them scored the 3rd goal on a nice drive along the end line to finish in the top of the net. I'm glad Highlands and CovCath are on the other side of the JV regional. That way we only have to beat one of them if we make it to finals.
  17. From what I have seen of the Cru this year they appear a little faster than last year. Scoring will be by committee.
  18. My son tells me their game vs Conner is at 5pm tomorrow. Some of the schools present are missing kids, probably baseball conflicts and vacations. I think St Henry will be missing players tomorrow due to baseball. Not sure how other schools have approached the games but St Henry has divided the players up and played in 4 minute shifts. I'll get my first look tomorrow.
  19. Yeah about that, is there a lag time or size limitation on images?
  20. Ok Just Jim, it's the first game of the season, my kid has all his teeth in still, he gets in the scoring column.....and you spell his name wrong.:lol2: If I can get the image uploaded correctly here will be a picture of our aircraft carrier from last night.
  21. I'm interested to see who picks up the scoring in the void left by Goetz and Wallinghorst graduation. The Crusaders will be young. If they finish the year where they are listed here it will have been a successful season.
  22. Predicting 2-2 end of regulation with a goal in the second extra time to end it before penalty kicks.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.