St.Henry 64 Brossart 56

Couple pretty even teams. St Henry made plays down the stretch and pulled this one out. Not many times lately has the Crusaders got the best of the Mustangs. I'm glad we played Brossart early as I'm sure they will tighten up a lot of things and as always be a tough out. Shoemacher shot the ball nice from the outside for Brossart along with Kremer. Had to be a career high for Maley with 28 for St.Henry. As always, it was nice seeing Mustang but missed TAC. Good luck to Brossart the rest of the year.

St. Henry 64

Bishop Brossart 56

Bishop Brossart 12 16 13 15 56

St. Henry 16 6 17 25 64

Bishop Brossart (0-1) -- Wieland 2, Schumachor 18, Donnelly 14, MacDonald 2, Kremer 12, Hamburg 6, Bell 2.

St. Henry (1-0) -- McArtor 10, Schaefer 13, Maley 28, Sutters 2, Machcinnski 2, Beechem 2, Meiman 7.

Read more here: Latest high school boys' basketball scores | Lexington Herald-Leader

Great opening night tune-up for both teams.

Steven Maley, who averaged 10ppg a year ago was the aircraft carrier tonight for the Cru.

The Mustangs had three sophs score their first varsity points - J.D. Schumacher (18), Bryson Wieland (2), Tyler MacDonald (2).

The Mustangs connected on nine 3-point goals in the contest, but were out-shot 18-3 from the free-throw stripe, which proved to be the difference in the game.

Both teams will be back in action Thursday, the Mustangs host Newport while the Cru will host Conner.

Good also to chat with Just Jim.

15219568_1189822764419092_2276014945508133871_n.jpg

15230811_1189822351085800_3504447004307835514_n.jpg

Some pics from the game. I'm sure @StXBomber88 will have some nice pictures up soon.

A couple other things from the game. First time St.Henry has swept Brossart since 07-08 season in frosh/jv/varsity. St.Henry had 3 varsity players out due to various reasons and 6? jv players out also. Quite a few freshman stepped up and played very well in the jv game.

Ok Just Jim, it's the first game of the season, my kid has all his teeth in still, he gets in the scoring column.....and you spell his name wrong.:lol2: If I can get the image uploaded correctly here will be a picture of our aircraft carrier from last night.

Ok Just Jim, it's the first game of the season, my kid has all his teeth in still, he gets in the scoring column.....and you spell his name wrong.:lol2: If I can get the image uploaded correctly here will be a picture of our aircraft carrier from last night.

Didn't even notice the boxscore spellings. It was just a copy and paste from the Herald-Leader site. Some of the name spellings can get quite comical.