Overkill?

I'll preface this by saying that I support the 2nd Amendment, but I do believe in tougher controls, specifically, requiring gun safety training, certification, and recertification, as well as tougher penalties for shootings involving children in particular.

And I know that people own various numbers of guns for various reasons, but how many is rational?

Police probing death in LA find 1,200 guns, 2 tons ammo

Do away with gun free zones.

Crazy people don't give a rip about gun safety training or recertification.

The whack jobs out there are just waiting for more gun control laws, so that more and more places can fall victim to what happened in Chattanooga.

Do away with gun free zones.

Crazy people don't give a rip about gun safety training or recertification.

The whack jobs out there are just waiting for more gun control laws, so that more and more places can fall victim to what happened in Chattanooga.

How does this help? Then everybody can carry a gun. Awesome:ohbrother: Wild West shootouts.

People turn crazy on a dime (Check road rage).

The amount of guns and ammo in this country is almost criminal; Far beyond need.

Our foreign enemies just need to wait us out, because we will kill ourselves.

How does this help? Then everybody can carry a gun. Awesome:ohbrother: Wild West shootouts.

The amount of guns and ammo in this country is almost criminal; Far beyond need.

I think it would be the exact opposite.

Kind of like bullies. Bullies don't pick on people as big or bigger than them. These people are targeting places where they know people aren't packing anything on them due to being honest, law abiding citizens. These people don't want a fight, they want easy prey, just like a bully.

With that said, I've never fully understood the need to own military style rifles. Want to shoot those? Go to gun ranges. So, I agree with some of the guns available. Pistols, hunting rifles and shotguns. All that's needed.

Sounds like the guy was selling guns and ammo on the black market to me...

Guys nephew is on a gun board I'm on.

In the pictures there are some $6-$15k guns that they are "handling".

Guy was a collector and competitive shooter at one time.

Family is going to get ripped off because of damage to guns and theft......

Where I keep my guns is the same place that my rather, dad, uncle, and grandfather keeps theirs and we have over 300.......and 10k of ammo.

Am I running guns illegally?

Wrong.

Facts are that states that have CCW that are issued and cities that have the same, have less crime than those that do not.

Majority of crime in the U.S. Is committed in ban states and those with the most restrictive gun laws.

Statistics prove your comments to be off base, ignorant, and agenda driven.

I'll preface this by saying that I support the 2nd Amendment, but I do believe in tougher controls, specifically, requiring gun safety training, certification, and recertification, as well as tougher penalties for shootings involving children in particular.

And I know that people own various numbers of guns for various reasons, but how many is rational?

Police probing death in LA find 1,200 guns, 2 tons ammo

I actually envy the guy and only wish I had the money he must have had to afford everything they pulled out of there. I probably wouldn't have 1,200 guns, but you can bet the caboose I'd have a LOT more than I own now.

Nothing illegal with owning a large amount of guns. Might be impracticle for many, even most people, but if that's his thing to each his own. I don't think he was a criminal, killing people, robbing banks...haven't seen where he was selling any firearms illegally to people who shouldn't have them. So whats the issue?

I'd much rather for me, spindoc and jumper dad to have 1,000 guns between us with thousands of rounds, than to have one doped up gang banger with a cheap .38 with 6 in the cylinder. The public is very safe with the former...not so safe with the latter.

Kind of like bullies. Bullies don't pick on people as big or bigger than them. These people are targeting places where they know people aren't packing anything on them due to being honest, law abiding citizens. These people don't want a fight, they want easy prey, just like a bully.

With that said, I've never fully understood the need to own military style rifles. Want to shoot those? Go to gun ranges. So, I agree with some of the guns available. Pistols, hunting rifles and shotguns. All that's needed.

100% multiple threat stopper.

Guys nephew is on a gun board I'm on.

In the pictures there are some $6-$15k guns that they are "handling".

Guy was a collector and competitive shooter at one time.

Family is going to get ripped off because of damage to guns and theft......

Where I keep my guns is the same place that my rather, dad, uncle, and grandfather keeps theirs and we have over 300.......and 10k of ammo.

Am I running guns illegally?

I have no idea. When a guy has over 1,200 guns and many have never been taken out of the box, I am thinking he is intending to sell some of them...call me crazy but until proven wrong, that is what I am thinking.

100% multiple threat stopper.

When the craziness that broke out last spring in Louisville where mobs of people were beating innocent civilians to unconsciousness and hospitalization, the 15 rounds in my Glock suddenly doesn't feel as adequate as an 30 round AR or AK secured in my car.

Same ignorant views were stated in the mid 90s when numerous states started allowing concealed carry. Claims that gun fire would break out at every traffic accident, etc., etc.. When all was said and done, unjustified gun violence (illegal, other than self defense) by civilians legally carrying is almost unheard of. Statistics say police commit unjustified gun violence three times more often than licensed civilians.

If you create a gun free zone then you should have to provide armed security.

"Military' style guns are also good general purpose guns. Home protection if wanted, critter control when required. A semi-auto is a semi-auto. Pistal grip or not. The AR-15 is a semi-auto just like most hunting rifles (that fire a more 'powerful' and lethal round.}