Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Stadium Construction

Featured Replies

Rice Mountjoy, head coach from 1946 - 1953.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Any artists renderings of the future stadium? What is the plan for the press box? Any viewing suites? I'm guessing it will have sports turf, what will the endzones look like? Mid-field logo?

This is what I remember... though I did not draw it, the track is 8 lanes and red.

 

 

 

BTW- I don't think you've still seen an "artist rendition" of the project.

I'll try and take a pic of the 3D model and post it.... as I'm sure it has changed.

field.jpg

I hope the funnel cake fryer is safely tucked away in a vault at an undisclosed location!

Somtimes when schools build a new field or stadium they incorporate the look and feel of the old field/stadium for nostaligia.

 

Is Dixie going to do this? Maybe a big bare spot of hard dirt in the middle of the field?

 

I like the looks of the new field.

I have not heard of any planned changes as to the name of the field or stadium. I would imagine that PFC Tanners flag memmorial will be included in the new complex as well, though I'll check and let you know.

 

I sure hope so...... Steve was a great guy, and I love the picture of him in your gym.

Stopped by DH tonight, very stange to see that whole are cleared out.

number 2

 

Will the one end zone be near the K-Mart? Will touchdowns be called Blue Light Specials? After a big hit near the end zone, will the PA guy say 'clean up in aisle 3'? That would be kind of cool to incorporate K-Mart somehow

  • Author
Stopped by DH tonight, very stange to see that whole are cleared out.

Not only that, but Caywood elementary is gone and it's pretty level from end to end. I'm really surprised how quick they leveled it after waiting so long to start.

This is what I remember... though I did not draw it, the track is 8 lanes and red.

 

 

 

BTW- I don't think you've still seen an "artist rendition" of the project.

I'll try and take a pic of the 3D model and post it.... as I'm sure it has changed.

 

 

Won't the concession and home stands all flow together in one structure along with locker rooms? That was my impression when looking at the computer drawings. You'd walk in from the top of the stands like at Holmes and Ryle. I could be wrong though.

With all of this new construction, why are they leaving the old playing surface in? Pic #1 almost looks like they kept a pylon in too.:fire:

With all of this new construction, why are they leaving the old playing surface in? Pic #1 almost looks like they kept a pylon in too.:fire:

 

 

That's the nostalgia cshs81 was talking about. ;)

That's the nostalgia cshs81 was talking about. ;)

:thumb:

 

Missed it.

Rice Mountjoy, head coach from 1946 - 1953.

 

I assume Rice Mountjoy coached at Danville High School prior to this time period?

There are going to be two press boxes? If so, that will be a roomy place to film games, etc.

Won't the concession and home stands all flow together in one structure along with locker rooms? That was my impression when looking at the computer drawings. You'd walk in from the top of the stands like at Holmes and Ryle. I could be wrong though.

 

From what I saw it looked like they were building the stands on the hillside.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.