Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Stadium Construction

Featured Replies

For all former fan/parents & players that either watched and/or played during the dry season(s) - dust and/or rain season(s) this is long over due. How great will it be to attend a football game this year and a baseball or track meet next year. I would encourage "ALL" (Dixie Pride) parents/players to attend a game this year.

 

PS. If the field exists in 2004 - Dixie just might have been State Champs

  • Replies 96
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For all former fan/parents & players that either watched and/or played during the dry season(s) - dust and/or rain season(s) this is long over due. How great will it be to attend a football game this year and a baseball or track meet next year. I would encourage "ALL" (Dixie Pride) parents/players to attend a game this year.

 

PS. If the field exists in 2004 - Dixie just might have been State Champs

We will attend games this year and the stadium complex is well overdue. If we had a field like this in year's past - it would have been great.

 

PS. If the field exists in 2004 - Dixie just might have been State Champs

 

No disrespect, but aren't you forgetting about St.X? Maybe Dixie "might" have been X's victim in the Final.

No disrespect, but aren't you forgetting about St.X? Maybe Dixie "might" have been X's victim in the Final.

 

The key word is might - It would appear every year St. X has the opportunity to win State. Dixie's team was very special that year including the 17 seniors. St. X might have been the better team, but you still have to play the game. Would have a great game and not a blow-out.

He doesn't have that much longer to go, does he? To play for Dixie, yes, but to play on it as a Raider, only a few more years, right??

 

You are correct, a couple more years.

Great pics, I cant wait to see this when its done. Is there a finish date on this?

I think it's great what they're doing at Dixie, with Cawood being moved and other thing being jossled around it makes you realize how big sports are around here, but not in a negative way. If anything I'd say Dixie is gaining alot from lost revenue ESPECIALLY in football(not to mention Cawoods new location on Turkeyfoot looks very nice from what I can see). Dixie's had some good teams especially over the past few years and I'd say they did lose a good bit at the gate due to accomodations and the field.

 

I think this is great for the school and NKY sports as a whole and would like to say congrats to Dixie and it's supporters for finally getting this done.

  • Author
I wish that architect had a drawing of the project on their site.

From what I've heard, they redesigned the thing several times in order fit the girls softball field. They say it's going to fit, I wonder if they'll put in some kind of green monster in Right field?

  • Author

The field looks compacted and ready for turf, the press box is done, looks like they're building the concession stands and visiting locker rooms and are half way done. The visiting side is ready for bleachers as well as the home side. The track is still packed dirt. the scoreboard posts are up. Looks like it'll be close. They've already put in a blacktop road off Kenton lands Rd next to Arts Rental. Looks like they are getting close to having the baseball fields leveled. The front of the school is still a mess. It'll be close for it to be ready for the first game, but the field should be ready in a few weeks for practice no doubt. I'm not sure the parking,bleachers, and other buildings will be ready though.

Well, I'm going to have to take a drive up Dixie Hwy and check it out tomorrow morning. We have been checking on the progress through out. I'm really happy for the student's who will be using the new facility:ylsuper:

  • Author
Well, I'm going to have to take a drive up Dixie Hwy and check it out tomorrow morning. We have been checking on the progress through out. I'm really happy for the student's who will be using the new facility:ylsuper:

FYI - The best vantage point is from the old Palm beach co or A1 electric.

FYI - The best vantage point is from the old Palm beach co or A1 electric.

Thanks Sandman - -I look for your updates frequently - Please keep your picture's coming!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.