Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Stadium Construction

Featured Replies

  • Author

The only places left are Gleason Electric and The Palm Beach wharehouse, (which is out of buisiness as far as I can tell.) If they got all that land, WHOO HOOOO! We could add our aquatic center and driving range too.:lol:

  • Replies 96
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only places left are Gleason Electric and The Palm Beach wharehouse, (which is out of buisiness as far as I can tell.) If they got all that land, WHOO HOOOO! We could add our aquatic center and driving range too.:lol:

 

 

I thought they already had a pool up on the roof? :confused:

Drive by everyday on way home from work....Noticed the Rice Mountjoy "arch" leaning up against some building material acrross the street from Dyke Industries.

It would be cool if they kept the name the same....

  • Author

Latest pics..... It's taking shape, I can't imagine that the field won't be ready by week one, the parking lots yes, but the field no way.

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

5a.jpg

  • Author
Drive by everyday on way home from work....Noticed the Rice Mountjoy "arch" leaning up against some building material acrross the street from Dyke Industries.

It would be cool if they kept the name the same....

That's the plan.:thumb:

Wow, the field and area around are looking great. As a Highlands fan, I'm looking forward to being the first competition to get to play on this field. It will be a ton of fun. Having been thru a renovation similar I understand the excitement leading up to that first game. :ylsuper:

  • Author
Wow, the field and area around are looking great. As a Highlands fan, I'm looking forward to being the first competition to get to play on this field. It will be a ton of fun. Having been thru a renovation similar I understand the excitement leading up to that first game. :ylsuper:

Thanks Henry, I can't wait till it's done, it'll deffinetly be worth being proud of. Looks top notch thus far compared to what we had.:D

I stopped by today and was near where Cawood used to be. I simply cannot figure out where the softball field will go.

I stopped by today and was near where Cawood used to be. I simply cannot figure out where the softball field will go.

 

My thoughts were the same. The football field has been moved according to the plans I saw back in the winter. The football field was suppose to be at an angle based on those plans, but it appears that it was pushed down 30 or so yards. So, now I have no clue where the softball field will go. It was my understanding that the first house there on Summit on the left was suppose to be torn down as they bought that property too. That would give them a little more room to work with, but I'm not sure if it's enough to put the field there.

I stopped by today and was near where Cawood used to be. I simply cannot figure out where the softball field will go.

 

Fitting in the softball field was one of the biggest problems the architects had to solve. They were scratching their heads trying to figure out a way to fit a regulation sized softball field in the space available. I don't know if they solved the problem but that is where it's going.

Fitting in the softball field was one of the biggest problems the architects had to solve. They were scratching their heads trying to figure out a way to fit a regulation sized softball field in the space available. I don't know if they solved the problem but that is where it's going.

 

 

Based on the original plans posted outside the gym, the field looked like it fit nicely there. But now that the field is in a different position from that original plan, it may be difficult.

Looks like it will be an great field,I just hope they don't where it out before my boy gets to play on it. Thanks for the continued updated pics SM32.

 

Dog

I go by every other day and I am jealous of what I am seeing. This complex will be AWESOME and everyone in Dixieland can be proud. This will be well worth waiting for. I am also interested in seeing the track and baseball, softball complex when it is done also. As much as Dixies field is used throughout the year it had to be done. Good Luck Dixie fans and players. JD

Looks like it will be an great field,I just hope they don't where it out before my boy gets to play on it. Thanks for the continued updated pics SM32.

Dog

 

 

He doesn't have that much longer to go, does he? To play for Dixie, yes, but to play on it as a Raider, only a few more years, right??

Ventured by Dixie today, looks like it will be a very impressive place. I like the brick, looks great so far, I'm jealous.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.