Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texas wants its gold back inside state borders

Featured Replies

And why do we need Delaware and North Dakota, anyway?

Hey!!! Why pick on Delaware??? Get rid of Delaware and the east coast loses the home of tax free shopping. And I'll need a passport to visit my hometown.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey!!! Why pick on Delaware??? Get rid of Delaware and the east coast loses the home of tax free shopping. And I'll need a passport to visit my hometown.

 

I forgot. You're the guy.

 

PS - spent many a summer evening on the Delmarva peninsula and the land of pleasant living. Even the occasional jaunt over to Rehoboth Beach.

I forgot. You're the guy.

 

PS - spent many a summer evening on the Delmarva peninsula and the land of pleasant living. Even the occasional jaunt over to Rehoboth Beach.

 

I'm always that guy. I'm often told "hey, I've never met anyone from Delaware". I just spent the last 5 days in the first State. And there is no danger of Delaware seceding from the Union. Although I'm not sure anyone would notice if we did.

Jesse, your reply sounds defensive. I guess my reply came off accusatory. I just don't think it would be as "easy" as you allege in the above.

 

As I mentioned, the SS benefits alone would be problematic for the citizenry. The seceding government can claim that its citizens put the money in the fund and should receive it back but does anyone really think the US would do such for a seceding state? The chips would be in the Feds hands and not the states. How would they extract their "gold" from the former Union? Even with so called "several states" it would be a hard action to achieve. If anything, it would be a modern version of the former Civil War. There are as many "Government jobs" supporting the Texas economy as there are in Virginia. Now where would the funding come from to support all those military bases and NASA?

I'm sure that Texas just like the CSA would ask the US Military to leave their soil...hopefully they wouldn't be as foolish as the Gamecocks and start attacking US bases in Texas if they didn't think they were leaving fast enough.

Hatz I agree it would be hard, but to think it could not work is basically saying without the Washington government no one could survive. I don't think that's the answer to to the problems that a lot think we have as a country, but like I said in another post, when the majority is either for or either against something and a very small group of judges tells them no, that's not how its going to be, then there are going to be issues.

 

This is not the first talk of secession from Texas as I remember right. I think this is a slippery slope that can really affect our country. Same thing with the marijuana votes by the states. Federal law prohibits it, yet the states said we are voting on it and I think everyone knows how the vote went. So in essence we now have Federal laws that say one thing, and states voted to do exactly the opposite. Anytime you have something like this, its clear that the country is heavily divided over a lot of issues, marijuana, gay marriage etc. And like I said when people are heavily divided and you have just a few making the rules show me one time in history that this has worked?

 

Again I am not for this. Eventually if our country keeps on the path its on, its going to happen or worse. A few can't nor will ever rule the majority.

 

This is how our government has worked for years. We've had 5-4 Supreme Court rulings before.

This is how our government has worked for years. We've had 5-4 Supreme Court rulings before.

 

I agree. It just seems this one is really un popular with alot of people. Do you agree that this has been a very controversial ruling?

Miranda vs. Arizona was 5-4

I agree. It just seems this one is really un popular with alot of people. Do you agree that this has been a very controversial ruling?

 

I've just spent the last several weeks in Colorado. It is a non-issue for most people there, as same sex marriage was already legal. It also does not seem that they've descended into hell, either.

 

For those that are so up in arms, I don't quite get it for two reasons. 1) It doesn't affect their marriage. 2) Why don't they demonstrate the same fervor for people that are committing others sins?

I've just spent the last several weeks in Colorado. It is a non-issue for most people there, as same sex marriage was already legal. It also does not seem that they've descended into hell, either.

 

For those that are so up in arms, I don't quite get it for two reasons. 1) It doesn't affect their marriage. 2) Why don't they demonstrate the same fervor for people that are committing others sins?

 

Because......

I've just spent the last several weeks in Colorado. It is a non-issue for most people there, as same sex marriage was already legal. It also does not seem that they've descended into hell, either.

 

For those that are so up in arms, I don't quite get it for two reasons. 1) It doesn't affect their marriage. 2) Why don't they demonstrate the same fervor for people that are committing others sins?

 

Because they are hypocrites.

Anyone besides me ever wonder where we would be today if the North and South just split rather than fighting the civil war, leaving us as 2 countries I guess.

 

Would we be better off or worse off. Probably some of both.

 

Count me in the group that believes Texas could make it on it's own. Plenty of natural resources and ability to pretty quickly form a huge Texas Guard to defend itself.

Anyone besides me ever wonder where we would be today if the North and South just split rather than fighting the civil war, leaving us as 2 countries I guess.

 

Would we be better off or worse off. Probably some of both.

 

Count me in the group that believes Texas could make it on it's own. Plenty of natural resources and ability to pretty quickly form a huge Texas Guard to defend itself.

 

I've read that the south never would have survived as an independent country for too long. They didn't have the industrial might of the north and their agriculture wouldn't have been efficient enough to survive.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.