Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many churchgoers carry?

Featured Replies

Can you guarantee me nothing will ever happen at my church?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Can you guarantee me nothing will ever happen at my church?

Nope. Nor at Walmart, or Kroger, or McDonalds, or,,

I always feel more comfortable when I see a uniformed police officer in the congregation.

A serious question...for those of you that carry everywhere, why do you do so?? Was there a specific event or a situation that made you feel unsafe without a gun?

 

I ask because many times, I've considered getting my CCW, especially in light of all these recent events. But in the end, I'm not sure that I'd feel comfortable carrying everywhere. I've worked in some really rough areas, lived in Philly for several years, and have never been in a situation where I've felt I'd be safer with a gun, or felt like I needed that sort of protection. And I know it only takes one incident to change that.

 

I have no issues with those that choose to carry, and respect the right to do so.

A serious question...for those of you that carry everywhere, why do you do so?? Was there a specific event or a situation that made you feel unsafe without a gun?

 

I ask because many times, I've considered getting my CCW, especially in light of all these recent events. But in the end, I'm not sure that I'd feel comfortable carrying everywhere. I've worked in some really rough areas, lived in Philly for several years, and have never been in a situation where I've felt I'd be safer with a gun, or felt like I needed that sort of protection. And I know it only takes one incident to change that.

 

I have no issues with those that choose to carry, and respect the right to do so.

 

I have always felt it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I could be the only thing between my family dying and living in a given situation.

A serious question...for those of you that carry everywhere, why do you do so?? Was there a specific event or a situation that made you feel unsafe without a gun?

 

I ask because many times, I've considered getting my CCW, especially in light of all these recent events. But in the end, I'm not sure that I'd feel comfortable carrying everywhere. I've worked in some really rough areas, lived in Philly for several years, and have never been in a situation where I've felt I'd be safer with a gun, or felt like I needed that sort of protection. And I know it only takes one incident to change that.

 

I have no issues with those that choose to carry, and respect the right to do so.

 

Same reason I have a fire insurance on my home and several fire extinguishers throughout my house. I know full well the odds of my house catching fire is extremely small but you will still never see me without both the insurance or fire extinguishers.

  • Author
I have always felt it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I could be the only thing between my family dying and living in a given situation.

 

^^this

 

Same reason I have a fire insurance on my home and several fire extinguishers throughout my house. I know full well the odds of my house catching fire is extremely small but you will still never see me without both the insurance or fire extinguishers.

 

 

And that ^^

As long as I'm not wearing swimming trunks then I'm carrying. That includes church.

Looks like this woman in 2007 made the right decision to carry in church.

 

jeanne-assam-.jpg

 

Source: Jeanne Assam : snopes.com

 

Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm necessarily in agreement with the whole "Liberal Media" portion of the photo, but it does appear as if she kept others out of harm's way.

Looks like this woman in 2007 made the right decision to carry in church.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51122[/ATTACH]

 

Source: Jeanne Assam : snopes.com

 

Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm necessarily in agreement with the whole "Liberal Media" portion of the photo, but it does appear as if she kept others out of harm's way.

I agree! I wish they did not and the whole liberal media thing. It would get more play, and it will get out to more people and accepted by more people.

Same reason I have a fire insurance on my home and several fire extinguishers throughout my house. I know full well the odds of my house catching fire is extremely small but you will still never see me without both the insurance or fire extinguishers.

 

And this is the reason I've considered getting a gun. And I have been through a house fie. The insurance was a Godsend.

I agree! I wish they did not and the whole liberal media thing. It would get more play, and it will get out to more people and accepted by more people.

 

Without out going on my normal anti-liberal rant how would it have gotten more play? The media chooses what to play and what not to. Let's speak hypothetically. What if someone else in the Emanuel Church had been armed and able to take out the evil shooter would we have heard about it in Kentucky? I don't think we would have. First it wouldn't have been "sensational" enough in this era of 24/7 instant news coverage. Second, it doesn't fit the agenda of most mainstream media outlets and that agenda if not 100% liberal is at least strongly slanted left. That's why liberals tend to hate Fox News and talk radio so much. For years all the news they heard was from their point of view. Your own POV ALWAYS seems less radical then and more mainstream an opposing POV.

Looks like this woman in 2007 made the right decision to carry in church.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51122[/ATTACH]

 

Source: Jeanne Assam : snopes.com

 

Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm necessarily in agreement with the whole "Liberal Media" portion of the photo, but it does appear as if she kept others out of harm's way.

 

I thought that this part was interesting:

 

After he was fired upon and hit by Assam, Murray died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds. And while Assam was initially hailed as a hero for minimizing loss of life during the shooting at great personal risk, she later said she was asked to leave New Life Church because of her sexuality (although the church disputed the claim).

Read more at Jeanne Assam : snopes.com

I don't carry in church.

 

So, if one of you out there decides to rob me coming or going from mass this Sunday, please be kind enough to take at least part of it and put it in the poor box. The Society of St. Vincent de Paul will appreciate your patronage.

 

Open invitation for Randy Parker. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.