Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rodney Woods retiring

Featured Replies

According to Z93 radio, Rodney Woods has announced his retirement after 29 years as the Cardinals head coach.

I wonder what other coaches have been with their school that long?

The only one that comes to my mind is Dale Mabry at PRP. I believe he has been there at least as long as Coach Woods was at Wayne Co.

 

How crazy that the two coaches in the 1989 state title game were still at their same schools 26 years later.

I wonder what other coaches have been with their school that long?

The only one that comes to my mind is Dale Mabry at PRP. I believe he has been there at least as long as Coach Woods was at Wayne Co.

 

How crazy that the two coaches in the 1989 state title game were still at their same schools 26 years later.

 

Dinky Phipps was at Barbourville for 34 years. Most don't stay in the profession that long, and a lot more don't stay at one school very long either. It's a dying breed.

 

 

How crazy that the two coaches in the 1989 state title game were still at their same schools 26 years later.

 

That is crazy

It is a dying breed, but also schools and communities are not loyal to coaches anymore.

Good luck to Coach Woods on his retirement.

Wow...just saw this. It's hard to even imagine Wayne Co. without coach Woods on the sideline.

 

Wayne is a pretty good job, any word on who is in line for the job?

Is he actually retiring from basketball? Or is just to retire from his AD position but eventually still be on the sidelines next year?

Best wishes to Coach Woods, one of the greats.

I would be willing to bet he will coach and be part time AD....90 days from now...after reading minutes from the boards meeting they discussed a part time AD and associate AD position .......

I would be willing to bet he will coach and be part time AD....90 days from now...after reading minutes from the boards meeting they discussed a part time AD and associate AD position .......

 

Makes sense. He'd be able to draw his retirement wouldn't he?

I wonder what other coaches have been with their school that long?

The only one that comes to my mind is Dale Mabry at PRP. I believe he has been there at least as long as Coach Woods was at Wayne Co.

 

How crazy that the two coaches in the 1989 state title game were still at their same schools 26 years later.

 

I know Mabry was the Panthers coach in 1986.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.