Bishop Brossart 22 Lloyd Memorial 0

That being said, "cheap" to me would be your last couple sentences...but that's just me.
Meaning simply that this is not some blockbuster accomplishment that he will tell his grandkids about.

As another who was actually AT the game, BB did do everything possible, short of striking out on purpose (well maybe once or twice) to keep the score down. They held runners, even a man of second on a double once, and did no stealing, etc. Regarding Mutsch, as Mustang pointed out, he hadn't pitched in five days and simply needed the work, with no games upcoming for a few more days.

Truth be known, it appeared they quit counting runs; as I recall the score locked on 22 when a few more Mustangs crossed the plate. Just an ugly game, as I'm sure Lloyd is better than that, and BB jsut happened to hit the ball well, combined with multiple walks, errors, and quite a few hit batters, including Mutsch--And he didn't even retaliate. :D

As another who was actually AT the game, BB did do everything possible, short of striking out on purpose (well maybe once or twice) to keep the score down. They held runners, even a man of second on a double once, and did no stealing, etc. Regarding Mutsch, as Mustang pointed out, he hadn't pitched in five days and simply needed the work, with no games upcoming for a few more days.

Truth be known, it appeared they quit counting runs; as I recall the score locked on 22 when a few more Mustangs crossed the plate. Just an ugly game, as I'm sure Lloyd is better than that, and BB jsut happened to hit the ball well, combined with multiple walks, errors, and quite a few hit batters, including Mutsch--And he didn't even retaliate. :D

Lets just face it, a no-hitter is a no-hitter, It's something that doesn't come up very often in a persons career. I really see no problem with them leaving in Mutsch to finish out the complete game. This is high school baseball, not D-League knothole where everyone gets to play and pitchers can only go 3 or 4 innings. As to running up the score, seeing as its 22 to nothing I can see there being some resentment on the part of Lloyd, but at the same time if errors and Hit Batsmen were the chief cause of the high score, you cant really blame BB. And as to the posted quote above... if Mutsch would have beaned a batter in retailiation with a huge lead, especially when you have the fastabll that he has, it would have shown a little bit of a lack of class. Sorry your already up by a lot of runs, let the scoreboard and your no-no speak for itself, why bean a batter because you got hit earlier??? Seems somewhat stupid to me.

Lets just face it, a no-hitter is a no-hitter, It's something that doesn't come up very often in a persons career. I really see no problem with them leaving in Mutsch to finish out the complete game. This is high school baseball, not D-League knothole where everyone gets to play and pitchers can only go 3 or 4 innings. As to running up the score, seeing as its 22 to nothing I can see there being some resentment on the part of Lloyd, but at the same time if errors and Hit Batsmen were the chief cause of the high score, you cant really blame BB. And as to the posted quote above... if Mutsch would have beaned a batter in retailiation with a huge lead, especially when you have the fastabll that he has, it would have shown a little bit of a lack of class. Sorry your already up by a lot of runs, let the scoreboard and your no-no speak for itself, why bean a batter because you got hit earlier??? Seems somewhat stupid to me.

WOW--Wasn't it obvious I was just kidding about the retaliation comment?? (The grin might have been a clue???????) Enough about a 30 run game which obviously meant little to either side of the combatants!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW--Wasn't it obvious I was just kidding about the retaliation comment?? (The grin might have been a clue???????) Enough about a 30 run game which obviously meant little to either side of the combatants!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I understood your point. I was just commenting to say that had Mutsch actually beaned someone in retaliation, then I can see Lloyd being upset over some of the situations. I wasn't criticizing you at all,just making a general statement about the nature of the game in general and some unhappiness and tension between the sides.

And so true Im sure Lloyd is a much better team then thgis and surely they will prove it if given the chance later in the season. Thats the nature of the game. Often what ever teams wants to win the most through the entirety of the game typically gets the win!