Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari says UK's top goal was to get players drafted, not win title

Featured Replies

I can't stand Calipari! I would rather have a roster full of 4 year players instead of one and dones trying to play college ball!

10 loss Tubby would agree

  • Replies 48
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which one of the old guy in Hoosiers are you?

 

 

 

 

Frank the Tank!

And that sir is why people smirk at you're posts and Coach Cal could buy you're entire neighborhood...... Because he gets it.

 

Wisconsin!

I can't stand Calipari! I would rather have a roster full of 4 year players instead of one and dones trying to play college ball!

 

Yeah, cause Tubbyball was so exciting, never getting back to a Final Four.

I can't stand Calipari! I would rather have a roster full of 4 year players instead of one and dones trying to play college ball!

You can go to TMC to see that....

He's done some great recruiting of team first kids. He can say this as long as he knows he's going to have team first players.

I can't stand Calipari! I would rather have a roster full of 4 year players instead of one and dones trying to play college ball!

 

If it were up to you, Kentucky's starting 5 would be all 9th region kids and the remaining roster spots would go to in-state kids...

If it were up to you, Kentucky's starting 5 would be all 9th region kids and the remaining roster spots would go to in-state kids...

 

If it was up to me UK wouldn't choke when it counts!

Frank the Tank!

 

Frank the Tank was in Old School. I said Hoosiers, starring Gene Hackman.

It kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Why didn't he just say our goal was to win the National Championship and get the most (or insert number here)players we could to the NBA. You are allowed to have more than 1 goal aren't you?

He has said this before so it's not really a surprise.

 

As a UK fan/graduate I don't have a problem with it. He puts the players first.

 

Winning is certainly part of that as it's not gonna help your draft status on a team with a losing record. Winning always makes you look better.

 

The players Cal has had here at UK have all played their butts off for their 'brothers' on the team and for the fans.

 

That's enough for me. We will still win occasional championships.

I love it. He is saying it specifically for recruits. He also knows, and I would've assumed most would realize it, but if he puts as many guys in the NBA as he does, the winning aspect takes care of itself. He also has always said his job is to make an impact in these guys lives, to change their situations.

 

His daughter actually made a really good point about it on Twitter last night (not sure why she used UMass)...

 

@Dr.SicilianoCalipari: "Can you imagine if UMass was like "um, the professors are here to win awards and make us look good, not to teach you or help you get a job."

This is why I don't like how he does...Yes he's a good coach and a great recruiter but he's too worried about the NBA....Let him go on to the NBA...

 

It's called recruiting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.