May 19, 201511 yr 2015. Just a gut shot after thinking about going undefeated. I re-watched the Wisconsin game. No way they beat us in a best of seven; they played over their heads that night.
May 20, 201511 yr 2010 hurt more. I was younger and cared more about sports then. After UK won in 2012 and I felt exactly the same the next day, it really put in perspective to me how meaningless it ultimately is to my life.. And losses didn't hurt anymore after that. My exact words to my wife after the game ended last month: "So do you want to go get something to eat?" I still watch and cheer on the team, but the outcome no longer phases me too much.
May 20, 201511 yr I'm never upset when we make the final four. Would I have been happier if we had won it all - yes. I think both were fantastic seasons.
May 20, 201511 yr Author I've been most upset with the Final Four performance twice. 1984. 3-33. Enough said. This year. 2 wins shy of 40-0.
May 20, 201511 yr I've been most upset with the Final Four performance twice. 1984. 3-33. Enough said. This year. 2 wins shy of 40-0. The '84 game is one of my earliest college basketball memories. I understood what was happening, but seeing my Dad's frustration made me frustrated too. That team was really good & that Final Four had talent galore.
May 20, 201511 yr Author The '84 game is one of my earliest college basketball memories. I understood what was happening, but seeing my Dad's frustration made me frustrated too. That team was really good & that Final Four had talent galore. If KY had played bad in the first half I would have taken the 2nd Half much better. But UK owned the Hoyas at one point by 12 and then it all went sour very fast. Still Georgetown didn't "put them out of reach" until a few minutes remained.
May 21, 201511 yr 2015 and its not even close for me. That 2010 had a big flaw that we all knew could be exploited and that was them simply not being a good shooting team. As much as I hate to say it, I am not convinced we get by Duke in the final four that year, because they would have given us troubles and made us having to have had a good shooting day that day. This 2015 team basically had everything we could have wanted in a team, and was close to making history and lost. 2015 hurts the most, in fact 2011 and 2014 also hurt more to me than 2010.
May 21, 201511 yr To me 2010 was much worse. A lot of it had to do with the fact I was still in college and cared a lot more about college sports, but I think it would have been worse either way. 2010 UK wins that game 9 out of 10 times. 2015 I think UK only wins that game maybe 7 out of 10. Also, I think the 2010 team was more likely to win the title had they won that game.
May 21, 201511 yr 2015 and its not even close for me. That 2010 had a big flaw that we all knew could be exploited and that was them simply not being a good shooting team. As much as I hate to say it, I am not convinced we get by Duke in the final four that year, because they would have given us troubles and made us having to have had a good shooting day that day. This 2015 team basically had everything we could have wanted in a team, and was close to making history and lost. 2015 hurts the most, in fact 2011 and 2014 also hurt more to me than 2010. Every time I say this I get slammed for saying it, but I do agree with this.
May 26, 201511 yr 2010 is way worse. That team had NBA all stars on it. Multiple guys that could score the ball. 2015 felt like we needed one more scorer- couldn't count on Towns every trip and Lyles/Booker were streaky.
May 26, 201511 yr 2010 bothered me much worse than 2015 and I really can't put into words why. As I've said before the 2010 game literally nearly killed me as I ended up in the ER a couple of days later with issues that kinda started to really grow that night after the loss to WVU.
May 26, 201511 yr Neither really "hurt", but I'll say I was more disappointed in 2010 because they were heads and shoulders above everyone that year. I feel this year there were a handful of teams that while not on their level were close enough that a loss to wouldn't surprise me. Agree. The 2015 team just too many times played very average (that may be being too nice) SEC teams down to the last few minutes with out the game in hand. I felt that would come back eventually and Wisc. was the team.
May 27, 201511 yr Agree. The 2015 team just too many times played very average (that may be being too nice) SEC teams down to the last few minutes with out the game in hand. I felt that would come back eventually and Wisc. was the team. If the 2015 team played average sometimes, then what do you call what the 2010 team did in the losses they had. When the 2010 team played average they lost games. The 2015 team overcame average play and made the plays at the end to win it every time until the final four game.
May 27, 201511 yr 2010 is way worse. That team had NBA all stars on it. Multiple guys that could score the ball. 2015 felt like we needed one more scorer- couldn't count on Towns every trip and Lyles/Booker were streaky. I think to many people get caught up seeing how great the 2010 players ended up being in the NBA and forgot how they were in college. That 2010 team had flaws the main one was being able to shoot a basketball. That is why they lost games in the regular season, and also needed a buzzer beater to beat a Miami of Ohio team. All this was before they eventually lost in the elite. That 2010 team was fun because was so much talent on the team and first great UK team in a long time. However the success of those guys in the NBA have made people forget the flaws in that team and why they lost games.
May 27, 201511 yr I'm never upset when we make the final four. Would I have been happier if we had won it all - yes. I think both were fantastic seasons. I am with you! I am only upset when they don't make a final four. 2010 bothered me more because UK clearly had the better team and didn't get it done that night. I honestly was not that upset this year. Disappointed they didn't finish it off, but not upset. This season was one of the best all time so it is hard to be upset.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.