Chris Curley to sign with Campbellsville University

I think your view has some merit. Curley might get a shot to be a two-way player at Campbellsville, maybe something he wouldn't get the opportunity to do at the Division I level.

Has Curley had any Division I interest?

Maybe he will be a two way player , but it is highly doubtful that he would be in a pitching rotation. Spot relief would be about the extent of it if he becomes a postion player. It's just too taxing on an arm to play a position every day and then be expected to pitch every weekend when the conference schedule begins. Schools like Campbellsville get enough quality pitchers that they dont have to be 2 way players. Maybe unfamiliar to some but pitchers go through a much more involved and demanding physical training routine than what the postion players do. I think it would be very hard to do.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that once a player attends a class at a four-year school (NCAA or NAIA) he is ineligible to be drafted for three years. If Curley goes to Campbellsville and stays there, I don't think he could be selected again until 2009.

You are correct , NAIA rules are are no different than NCAA rules. He would not be eligible to be drafted until after his junior season.

Maybe he will be a two way player , but it is highly doubtful that he would be in a pitching rotation. Spot relief would be about the extent of it if he becomes a postion player. It's just too taxing on an arm to play a position every day and then be expected to pitch every weekend when the conference schedule begins. Schools like Campbellsville get enough quality pitchers that they dont have to be 2 way players. Maybe unfamiliar to some but pitchers go through a much more involved and demanding physical training routine than what the postion players do. I think it would be very hard to do.
That is exactly what I meant, firebird. I've never heard of a college player being used as a position player and a starting pitcher. I can remember Murray State a few years ago using their third baseman as a closer.