Have you not liked a poster then after meeting them you changed your mind?

Never met anyone I didn't like but can tell a few who I met didn't like me before we met lol. Even UK#1fan, I could sit down and have a beer with.

There are some who since I've met have become very close friends and I can't wait until the next time we see eachother. Clyde, Mentsch, Lawildcat, NKUclubbaseball, and Lawnboy to name a few, and the entire Highlands crew I met at the last NKY get together.

Love ya, brother!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The few people that I actually know from here I like, even those that I disagree with.

I'll freely admit that a lot of the stuff I post I would never say to someone's face. I've called it keyboard courage before.

For those that have "interacted" with me in the politics or controversial forums would it surprise you to know that one of my best friends is a hard core liberal? We just NEVER talk about politics.

And also to be honest there are people from here that I hope to never actually meet, not for what they've said but because of some of the things I've said. It would be uncomfortable.

Dang, that's hard to believe.

I've only ever met 2. One died years ago and the other still pops up every now and then. I didn't know he was a member when I met him. Found out a few years later. You have to remember, there aren't many of us in the west.

I knew Joey Fosko but didn't know he was Westsider until after he passed away.
I knew that cat well. We managed to get together at least twice a year. And I hate to admit it, but this site hasn't been the same for me since he passed. I'm sure there are those who could say the same about others like Birdfan, etc.

I knew that cat well. We managed to get together at least twice a year. And I hate to admit it, but this site hasn't been the same for me since he passed. I'm sure there are those who could say the same about others like Birdfan, etc.

I knew Joey very well. Great reporter but even better person. Our coverage down here has suffered since his passing.

To answer the thread topic, sure, there are several that I didn't love when I knew them only as XYZ handle and reading their posts, but then after meeting them I liked them a great deal. Additionally, after you meet someone, you don't even read their posts the same way. Both Hellbird and UK#1Fan are guys that I constantly disagreed with (often more their style than the substance of their posts), but after meeting both, and liking both, I now read their stuff completely differently. Like Clyde, HB and his wife have been out with my wife and I and are now family friends. I've run into UK#1 on several occasions, a couple of times with our boys, and it is always great to see him. There have been several others, both under this iteration of my membership but also my previous one, that would fit into this thread subject.

Ironically, there have also been a couple that I liked a great deal on this site and enjoyed communicating with, but then after meeting them my impressions changed drastically in the other way. Funny really.

However, the vast majority of the time I liked them initially on BGP, met them, and then liked them a great deal more and with a lot more substance and genuineness to it. I have made several very real and long-term friendships on this site, and honestly, that (and not the content / discussions / topics) is what keeps me engaged. Clyde, Guru, Watusi, LRCW, Gametime, PP92, Deuce, Hellbird, Rockmom, Nees, Mexitucky, Lawnboy, QRyche, LAWildcat, Randy Parker, Bengal Maniac, Run to State, NKUClubBaseball, and many, many others are people that I'm certain I'll be friends with for the duration.

This site has certainly created a collection of great people, and sadly, too many of them I've yet to have the chance to meet. Look forward to rectifying that.