NCAA Shot Clock Reduction

JokersWild24

Just means more poor shots. The problem isn't that play is being held up; the problem is that offense is sloppy because there's no space to run one. Clean up the lane and move the three-point line back. It'll solve the other things.

As a Louisville fan, if you're telling me Louisville has to play defense for 5 seconds fewer every possession, I'm hearing shot clock violation buzzers like music to my ears.

Just means more poor shots. The problem isn't that play is being held up; the problem is that offense is sloppy because there's no space to run one. Clean up the lane and move the three-point line back. It'll solve the other things.

As a Louisville fan, if you're telling me Louisville has to play defense for 5 seconds fewer every possession, I'm hearing shot clock violation buzzers like music to my ears.

Yup. Cincinnati will haold a few teams in the 30s this year. If the way the game is called isn't fixed the rest is lipstick on a really fat pig...

Yup. Cincinnati will haold a few teams in the 30s this year. If the way the game is called isn't fixed the rest is lipstick on a really fat pig...

Asking because I really respect your opinion: what would you change and what would you leave as is?

Asking because I really respect your opinion: what would you change and what would you leave as is?

The freedom of movement changes were what needed to be fixed. Coaches didn't like it because it takes some control out of their hands so they had it scrapped. Until that is brought back nothing else really matters...

Lack of scoring is for the most part a product of poor officiating the other part is the volume of poor perimeter shooters.

When a good legal solid screen and a hard sharp cut are blown up by a big and strong forearm chucking the offense off their cut and no call is continually not made then that's a problem with officiating.Sadly the game has become one of brute strength over the utilization of fundamental skills

Shooting is work and becoming a really good shooter is even more work. Alot of kids want to play the game but not work on their game.

I also think that besides dropping the shot clock to 30 seconds they should consider dropping the 10 second backcourt violation basck to 8 seconds like the NBA

It has been 30 seconds in women's NCAA (at least d3) for at least this year, although that women's vs men's basketball is not exactly apples to apples. I also know NCAA Men have tested it out (The annual Bellarmine vs UC scrimmage was 30 seconds last year).

Since this would effect me more than most of the posters on the site, I would not mind a switch, but I agree that it would not be a huge change as it would only speed up the game to a certain degree.