Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Cubs Series (4/13- 4/15/15)

Featured Replies

Joe Danneman ‏@FOX19Joe

Reds relievers not named Aroldis Chapman: 19 2/3 innings pitched, 24 hits, 15 earned runs, 6.86 ERA.

 

Super glad that the Reds have the freak of nature that is Chapman, but it's not a good sign that he's the only one that can get it done. Not sure how much $$$ he makes, but in addition to that he also deserves the entire bullpen's salaries combined.

  • Replies 265
  • Views 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible that the Reds are just waiting until April 17th to bring up Lorenzen, just as the Cubs are doing with Bryant? This would give the Reds an extra year of control. I honestly dont know a whole lot about how the service time game works, but a friend at work brought it up regarding Lorenzen.

Is it possible that the Reds are just waiting until April 17th to bring up Lorenzen, just as the Cubs are doing with Bryant? This would give the Reds an extra year of control. I honestly dont know a whole lot about how the service time game works, but a friend at work brought it up regarding Lorenzen.

 

I guess it could be. If so, I expect to see him in St. Louis on Friday. :)

Bullpen has allowed 11 of the last 20 batters to reach base.

 

Joe Danneman ‏@FOX19Joe

Reds relievers not named Aroldis Chapman: 19 2/3 innings pitched, 24 hits, 15 earned runs, 6.86 ERA.

 

First win from a Reds starter.

 

Unbelievable. :no:

This. But let's add LeCure and Sampson too.

 

I'd leave LeCure right where he's at. He was awful last season and hasn't exactly been sharp in his first 2 outings in Louisville this season.

Apparently Lecure has only been topping out at 85 mph with his fastball. His health is fine but it's believed to be mechanical issues. if he can regain the 5 or so mph he's lost on his fastball he could find himself back with the Reds at some point.

I'd leave LeCure right where he's at. He was awful last season and hasn't exactly been sharp in his first 2 outings in Louisville this season.

 

Ehh, I'd take my chances with him over guys like Gregg, Diaz, or Parra.

Ehh, I'd take my chances with him over guys like Gregg, Diaz, or Parra.

 

I think Diaz will be alright. I just don't think he should be the set up guy.

  • Author
Ehh, I'd take my chances with him over guys like Gregg, Diaz, or Parra.

 

I think Diaz will be alright. I just don't think he should be the set up guy.

 

Agreed, I think Diaz will be OK but he shouldn't be in that role. The other two can go.

Edited by HammerTime

I think Diaz will be alright. I just don't think he should be the set up guy.

 

Agreed, I think Diaz will be OK but he shouldn't be in that role. They other two can go.

 

Could part of Diaz's problem be his usage? I've been watching the Red Sox games so I haven't seen him throw but he was used 6 times in 8 days. He didn't allow any runs until the last 2. I wonder if his workload was too high right out of the gate?

Could part of Diaz's problem be his usage? I've been watching the Red Sox games so I haven't seen him throw but he was used 6 times in 8 days. He didn't allow any runs until the last 2. I wonder if his workload was too high right out of the gate?

 

I think it's been pitch selection for the most part. When he mixes in his breaking ball with his fastball he has done a pretty good job. When he comes in, and tries to be Aroldis Chapman he becomes very hittable.

The Reds defense will keep them in a lot of games. Our bull pen is awful, I understand that completely, but we have played all divisional teams so far, in one of the best all around divisions, we are 5-3, realistically should be 7-1. They had 3 of the top 10 plays last night in baseball on defense. I think they will make some changes in the pen, Jumbo will be fine, would love to see more of Cingranni

Marty said the Cards have a long history of bringing up young (starting) pitching and have them throw innings out of the pen as they adjust. The other thing the Cards are good at? Winning.

Calling 1978...... I have Disco Fever!!!!!

 

 

I'll take Disco over the expensive and problematic Latos anyday !

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.