Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Cubs Series (4/13- 4/15/15)

Featured Replies

3 night games at Wrigley. Is that due to the construction?

 

 

Kevin Gregg better be on his way to Louisville right now.

 

 

What do they do with Iglesias? They could sure use him in the bullpen.

  • Replies 265
  • Views 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they want Iglesias as a starter, they have to send him down so he gets consistent work. I think they'd be wise to move him to the pen though.

  • Author
If they want Iglesias as a starter, they have to send him down so he gets consistent work. I think they'd be wise to move him to the pen though.

 

Realistically this year is going to be pointless come July. He should go to AAA and learn to be a starter.

The Reds have some talent in the minors close to being able to contribute. If the Reds can keep it close going into the break that might be enough time to see if Winker and Lorenzen have held their own in the minors. If they have then they could possibly help out and inject some needed life into the ball club. As slow as Byrds bat has looked I'd much rather see Winker everyday in left. He's been pegged as the most advanced bat in all of the minors. He needs more at bats at AA still for sure and you don't want to promote him to early but I'm so ready to see him. The Reds LF situation has made me sick the last several years. B

Report says Reds have called up P Josh Smith.

Realistically this year is going to be pointless come July. He should go to AAA and learn to be a starter.

 

 

Why are you giving up on this year?

  • Author
Why are you giving up on this year?

 

This Bullpen isn't good, the back end of the rotation isn't good, and the middle of the lineup is average at best. Don't let the 4-0 start fool you.

The Reds biggest hole right now is the bullpen. Sure the offense isn't looking great, but I think they will get it going. In no way am I already going to give up on this season.

 

If there's one area the reds are capable of fixing in house it's the bullpen, the Reds have stockpiled arms the last several years and have many options to turn to for a fix. Most of the top arms are starters but if the Reds are still in it come July those young arms could definitely help the Reds. By that time of year most of them will need their innings limited anyways. Howard, Stephenson, Lorenzen and Iglesias are all capable of stepping in and providing electric stuff and maybe lightening in a bottle especially considering the league will have never seen them pitch before.

 

If the offense was the concern I'd be worried because there isn't much help in that area down on the farm. I believe the pen can be fixed internally as long as the Reds are willing to part ways with guys like Hoover and Parra should they struggle as the season progresses.

This Bullpen isn't good, the back end of the rotation isn't good, and the middle of the lineup is average at best. Don't let the 4-0 start fool you.

 

 

If Bailey can duplicate what he always does and Leeke as well a 1 thru 3 of Cueto, Bailey and Leake is not bad at all. Desclafani is more than capable of being a number 4 and Marquis well a lot of teams run out a 5 starter similar to him. Not everyone has a starting 5 like the Nats.

 

As far as the lineup the weakest links will be at SS and LF once again. Byrd could still get it going but it looks doubtful, Winker could be ready by midseason We at least have options at SS this season with Suarez in AAA. Mesoraco will start hitting. Votto is back, Hamilton will improve in his second season. Frazier looks like Frazier. Bruce should have a typical Bruce like season and BP well he's on the slide but still better than many second baseman.

It's a shame that line drive that Meso had late in the game, which would have scored the winning run, was caught. I feel like if that lands for a hit, it could have jump started his season.

Byrd, Phillips, and Meso are the three everyday guys who need to step it up. The rest of them are doing fine.

 

All things considered the Reds started the season against the two teams everyone is saying are going to the postseason from the Central and they took 4 of the 6. I'll take that every single time.

I don't guess that there is any way that the Reds could get Terry Francona as manager and pay him however much that it would take to get him to Cincy, uh ?

just sayin' ....

It's a shame that line drive that Meso had late in the game, which would have scored the winning run, was caught. I feel like if that lands for a hit, it could have jump started his season.

 

Agreed. That was a missle. I know it's easy to say this once the game is over but when Cozart hit his ball down the right field line I was screaming at Negron to take 3rd. It would have been a close play, Heyward has a cannon but it also would've allowed Meso's ball to score Negron. I'd have to see a replay, I just know I was in attendance sitting down the right field line and I was screaming for Negron to advance to third.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.