Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Cubs Series (4/13- 4/15/15)

Featured Replies

:puke:

 

Way to shy away from your own argument and not defend it at all once it was pointed out how flawed it was.

  • Replies 265
  • Views 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His #'s say he's a solid starter. What's baffling is you think win/loss record gives an indication of a pitchers success. Any more made up stats you wanna throw out?

 

Sure... Bailey wins 60% of the time, everytime!

Way to shy away from your own argument and not defend it at all once it was pointed out how flawed it was.

 

Lol I sense that I hit a soft spot with the Bailey comment. I apologize, I won't ever do it again. But in the meantime, I'd be interested to see "facts" that make Bailey such a quality starter.

Lol I sense that I hit a soft spot with the Bailey comment. I apologize, I won't ever do it again. But in the meantime, I'd be interested to see "facts" that make Bailey such a quality starter.

 

How about the fact that over the past 3 seasons he has a better than league average ERA, ERA+, WHIP, OBA, SO/9, and WAR??? Will those suffice?

How about the fact that over the past 3 seasons he has a better than league average ERA, ERA+, WHIP, OBA, SO/9, and WAR??? Will those suffice?

 

I need numbers. Please and thanks. :thumb:

I've given you a good starting point.

 

Your google machine works. Do your own research, you may learn something.

By this, do you mean lose more games than you win? Because that's not what the Reds need.

 

Bailey has started 166 games in his career for the Reds. His innings pitched had increased four straight seasons and his ERA had lowered five straight seasons before last year when he was limited to 23 starts. He finished the season 9-5 with a 3.71 ERA.

 

Homer has improved each and every year. Stuff wise he is capable of being elite as evidenced by his 2 no no's and the performance he put on in the playoffs a couple seasons ago against the Giants in front of a national audience.

 

He is a huge key to the Reds success and if he takes another step forward this season he could be one of the better #2 's in the NL. He's still only 28 and still figuring things out, Max Sherzer is 30 and up until a couple seasons ago still hadn't figured it out completely. Every team in baseball would love to have Homer Bailey on their staff.

I've given you a good starting point.

 

Your google machine works. Do your own research, you may learn something.

 

I'm not wasting my time looking up average pitching stats. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Negron CF

Votto 1B

Frazier 3B

Phillips 2B

Byrd LF

Bruce RF

Pena C

Cozart SS

Leake P

 

Not really sure why Price feels it necessary to give Meso 2 straight days off, but whatever.

Status on Pena?

 

Good enough to start. Hopefully that answers that. I was guessing DL after seeing the play when it happened.

Byrd, Phillips, and Meso are the three everyday guys who need to step it up. The rest of them are doing fine.

 

All things considered the Reds started the season against the two teams everyone is saying are going to the postseason from the Central and they took 4 of the 6. I'll take that every single time.

 

Agreed. Hamilton has got on at a .357 clip. If he gets on anywhere near that clip and stays healthy the Reds will score enough runs to win at least half their games if their best 3 starting pitchers stay healthy. I think Byrd is a historically slow starter so I'm assuming he gets it going eventually.

Negron CF

Votto 1B

Frazier 3B

Phillips 2B

Byrd LF

Bruce RF

Pena C

Cozart SS

Leake P

 

Not really sure why Price feels it necessary to give Meso 2 straight days off, but whatever.

 

Guessing since he had to play a few innings yesterday, he felt he never really got a day off

Reds have brought up both Josh Smith and C Kyle Skipworth.

 

Optioned Chris Dominguez and Iglesias to the minors.

 

Mesoraco has stayed in Cincinnati to get an MRI on his hip. :ohbrother:

Good enough to start. Hopefully that answers that. I was guessing DL after seeing the play when it happened.

 

Wow. He took a prett tough tumble.

Mesoraco has stayed in Cincinnati to get an MRI on his hip. :ohbrother:

 

And so it begins. Good luck with health may be ending. Hope MRI shows nothing.

 

Advantage to Hamilton getting the night off is that he is available to PR in a close game late.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.