April 13, 201511 yr Byrd, Phillips, and Meso are the three everyday guys who need to step it up. The rest of them are doing fine. All things considered the Reds started the season against the two teams everyone is saying are going to the postseason from the Central and they took 4 of the 6. I'll take that every single time. I agree but they do need to start and continue to take series from St. Louis.
April 13, 201511 yr Realistically this year is going to be pointless come July. He should go to AAA and learn to be a starter. I am not knocking your stance because I am leaning your way but if you believe that this season is going to be a struggle why not let Iglesias stay in the rotation and send Marquis packing? Iglesias has better stuff. Why not let him get consistent starts up here?
April 13, 201511 yr If Bailey can duplicate what he always does and Leeke as well a 1 thru 3 of Cueto, Bailey and Leake is not bad at all. Desclafani is more than capable of being a number 4 and Marquis well a lot of teams run out a 5 starter similar to him. Not everyone has a starting 5 like the Nats. As far as the lineup the weakest links will be at SS and LF once again. Byrd could still get it going but it looks doubtful, Winker could be ready by midseason We at least have options at SS this season with Suarez in AAA. Mesoraco will start hitting. Votto is back, Hamilton will improve in his second season. Frazier looks like Frazier. Bruce should have a typical Bruce like season and BP well he's on the slide but still better than many second baseman. By this, do you mean lose more games than you win? Because that's not what the Reds need.
April 13, 201511 yr By this, do you mean lose more games than you win? Because that's not what the Reds need. Oh look, another poster who thinks wins and losses is how to judge a pitcher....:banghead: FWIW, since being a mainstay in the rotation, Bailey has had a losing record exactly once. Don't let facts get in your way though.
April 13, 201511 yr By this, do you mean lose more games than you win? Because that's not what the Reds need. He's been in the majors for 8 seasons. In those 8 there has only been two seasons (2008-his second season and 2013) in which he lost more than he won. But keep showing how you "knowitall"...
April 13, 201511 yr Oh look, another poster who thinks wins and losses is how to judge a pitcher....:banghead: FWIW, since being a mainstay in the rotation, Bailey has had a losing record exactly once. Don't let facts get in your way though. Cueto is 0-1 on the year. He's terrible. Lost one more game than he's won (which is 0!!!!!)
April 13, 201511 yr Cueto is 0-1 on the year. He's terrible. Lost one more game than he's won (which is 0!!!!!) ... and you've just lost all rights to continue speaking to me. Comparing Cueto and Bailey is unbelievable.
April 13, 201511 yr I'm assuming you guys think JJ Hoover is a solid reliever as well? Umm, no. You're the one who posted about a pitcher's win/loss record. Nevermind the fact that what you posted was completely made up.
April 13, 201511 yr I'm just baffled by the fact that 2 no hitters have you all believing he's a "solid" starter. But I guess thats just my opinion.
April 13, 201511 yr This Bullpen isn't good' date=' the back end of the rotation isn't good, and the middle of the lineup is average at best. Don't let the 4-0 start fool you.[/quote'] World Champs baby.
April 13, 201511 yr ... and you've just lost all rights to continue speaking to me. Comparing Cueto and Bailey is unbelievable. Ha yeah because that's what I was doing... I was showing you how stupid it was to use a win/loss record as an argument against a pitcher like you did for Bailey. If you want to use W/L for Bailey to say he's bad, then shouldn't the same apply to every pitcher? Dumb argument to use W/L to evaluate a pitcher.
April 13, 201511 yr Ha yeah because that's what I was doing... I was showing you how stupid it was to use a win/loss record as an argument against a pitcher like you did for Bailey. If you want to use W/L for Bailey to say he's bad, then shouldn't the same apply to every pitcher? Dumb argument to use W/L to evaluate a pitcher. :puke:
April 13, 201511 yr I'm just baffled by the fact that 2 no hitters have you all believing he's a "solid" starter. But I guess thats just my opinion. His #'s say he's a solid starter. What's baffling is you think win/loss record gives an indication of a pitchers success. Any more made up stats you wanna throw out?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.