Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Cubs Series (4/13- 4/15/15)

Featured Replies

I seriously think that the 8th inning guy right now should be Cingrani...

 

I saw a lot of chatter last night about oh Bryan Price misuses the bullpen again. I honestly think he did what he should've done last night in terms of selection of pitchers. Where I question Price is a lot of game management stuff... Votto should've been bunted to 3rd. And for that matter, IF you don't bunt him to 3rd, if Hamilton was available, which they said he was, he should be running for Joey there. Worst that happens is at the half inning Hamilton goes to CF, Negron to 3B, Frazier to 1B. on the double switch, why take our your best arm and pop? Why was the middle infield in on that last play? If they are back where they are supposed to be, you turn 2 there and we're still playing.

 

The players made some boneheaded moves too... I think I learned in 3rd grade you don't make the 1st out of the inning at 3rd base Joey. Badenhop/Pena had Alcanterra looking silly to get to 0-2 on breaking stuff down and away and they said 'I KNOW! LETS GO INSIDE RIGHT HERE!' If you're Cozart and are going to go to 3rd on that pick off, you HAVE to get there or it's a boneheaded play. You can score from 2nd.

 

Some of that stuff I just don't get it.

  • Replies 265
  • Views 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder what everyday Eddie is doing nowadays?

Wonder what everyday Eddie is doing nowadays?

I love how Hoover has been the 2nd best bullpen guy this year.

  • Author

Hamilton 8

Votto 3

Frazier 5

Phillips 4

Bruce 9

Byrd 7

Pena 2

Cozart 6

DeSclafani 1

Hamilton CF

Votto 1B

Frazier 3B

Phillips 2B

Bruce RF

Byrd LF

Pena C

Cozart SS

Desclafani P

Paul Emmel behind the plate tonight. This is his season debut but he usually means lots of runs.

Lead off double by Votto and you don't bunt him over with 0 outs will get you beat. That's from the dugout. When a team is this marginal talent-wise, you can't afford to be stupid on top of that.

 

You're going to bunt with your #3 hitter? The middle of the lineup guys should be able to put the bat on the ball and, at a minimum, make a "productive out".

Paul Emmel behind the plate tonight. This is his season debut but he usually means lots of runs.

 

I hope so but with Arrietta pitching for the Cubs, I fear not...he is a stud...

Badenhop and Diaz need not go anywhere yet... Gregg and Parra can go. At this point, who is your 8th inning guy? Cingrani? Hoover?!? :scared:

 

There is not a rule that I know of that says the Reds could not remove Diaz and bring in Chapman in the 8th inning. What good is a 9th inning closer if he doesn't have anything to close out?

Can we bring Dusty back, please.

 

I just mentally threw a shoe in your direction. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

And what are you going to do tomorrow? And the next day? If you pitch Chapman in the 8th....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.