Who Stays And Who Goes: 2015 Edition

TheDeuce

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gone:

WCS, KAT, Harrisons, Lyles, Booker , Johnson if he stays in current projections.

Inject some fresh Frosh talent with Ulis, Poythress, Lee and CATS will be just as strong come tournament time next year.

Swap Trey and Alex positions and that would be scary but if the Harrisons do come back it is 100% platooning for sure.

I think that WCS, KAT, and the twins leave (neither should but oh well) One of booker and lyles may go. If Booker and twins go I think Malik Newman is coming. How many scholarships are you allowed to have?

You get 13 scholarships.

I understand leaving if you are a projected 1st round pick. That makes sense. But some people aren't considering the fact that more goes into the decision to return to school than that. KAT is gone because it's just a no brainier, WCS came back once he's probably gone given his draft stock and what he's already said.

However, the twins may never play together again and staying at Kentucky allows them to remain together. Additionally their draft stock can go nowhere but up from where it is currently and they took the loss as bad as anyone. They will be back to take care of unfinished business once again.

Booker and Lyles are projected as pretty high picks but both need to add more strength and more seasoning to their game to succeed at the next level, also they have a sour taste in their mouth. They will be back just like Terrance Jones and Deron Lamb in years past. Being so close to an undefeated season makes it even harder to leave after giving it just one go, they will want one more chance.

Next years team will be special, they will once again blend the most talented of freshman with some vets and make a run at perfection. We've seen in the recent past that more goes into a decision to leave than some dollar bills, these kids were so close and they will all be back except for Karl and Willie.

I understand leaving if you are a projected 1st round pick. That makes sense. But some people aren't considering the fact that more goes into the decision to return to school than that. KAT is gone because it's just a no brainier, WCS came back once he's probably gone given his draft stock and what he's already said.

However, the twins may never play together again and staying at Kentucky allows them to remain together. Additionally their draft stock can go nowhere but up from where it is currently and they took the loss as bad as anyone. They will be back to take care of unfinished business once again.

Booker and Lyles are projected as pretty high picks but both need to add more strength and more seasoning to their game to succeed at the next level, also they have a sour taste in their mouth. They will be back just like Terrance Jones and Deron Lamb in years past. Being so close to an undefeated season makes it even harder to leave after giving it just one go, they will want one more chance.

Next years team will be special, they will once again blend the most talented of freshman with some vets and make a run at perfection. We've seen in the recent past that more goes into a decision to leave than some dollar bills, these kids were so close and they will all be back except for Karl and Willie.

Bartender, two of what he's having...

There's no way you really believe that.

I have actually convinced myself that it's a scenario that could happen. Honestly Towns is the only one that is ready to play in the NBA. WCS already came back once and could potential continue to expose his weaknesses if he returns so I understand that he is gone as well. He isn't near ready for the league but I can justify him leaving.

The remaining players I just don't feel confident in saying they will leave, they still have room to grow and are more than capable of boosting their stocks by returning. Could they all leave sure but I just don't think they will especially after ending the season the way they just did. Why is this so hard to believe.

Look at what some guys in recent years have done that made the jump but weren't quite ready. Lamb is bouncing around everywhere. Young is bouncing back and forth from the D League and the NBA, he has had some great games for the Celts and the Red Claws and I agree that he will be fine but still. Orton never made it. Teague led the team to a title while running the point and he's struggling to make it. I understand you risk injury by coming back but I believe you also increase your chances greatly of making an NBA roster and cracking the rotation from day one. Getting sent to the D League is not something you want if you can avoid it. There's lots of talent in the D League and it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. Call ups don't always come easy, this year they've had a lot but it's not always that way.

KAT, WCS, and the twins are definitely gone.

Lyles, Booker, and Johnson are the ones I wouldn't be surprised either way. I'll say Lyles and Booker go, although Booker and Ulis are very close which may lead Booker to come back? Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Dakari, Poythress, Ulis, and Lee all return. Pair them up with Skal, Matthews, Briscoe, and 3 other elite recruits (I'm guessing Zimmerman, Newman, and either Ingram or Brown).

I'm biased towards Booker, I very much admit that. If he came back, don't you think he could improve and play himself into a top 7-10 pick next year?

I say that not looking at future draft boards or what next year's freshman class has overall besides Simmons and UK's players.

I'm biased towards Booker, I very much admit that. If he came back, don't you think he could improve and play himself into a top 7-10 pick next year?

I say that not looking at future draft boards or what next year's freshman class has overall besides Simmons and UK's players.

I would think both Lyles and Booker could play their way into top 10 picks, Lyles possibly top 5 next season, if they came back. Hard to turn down late lottery to mid-1st round though.

One other thing with those two is neither needs money. Not really a deciding factor, but it's something that can't hurt.

KAT, WCS, and the twins are definitely gone.

Lyles, Booker, and Johnson are the ones I wouldn't be surprised either way. I'll say Lyles and Booker go, although Booker and Ulis are very close which may lead Booker to come back? Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Dakari, Poythress, Ulis, and Lee all return. Pair them up with Skal, Matthews, Briscoe, and 3 other elite recruits (I'm guessing Zimmerman, Newman, and either Ingram or Brown).

Agree with pretty much all of this. Booker & Dakari are the two I'm least certain on.