Covington Catholic 2015

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is all new turf light then dark sections. I saw Newport and it is like that too. I like it just wondering if that is now the norm. Is the new CovCath logo going in at the 50??

I really like the color changes from yard marker to yard marker. REALLY excited that they got the hash lines for the yard markers this time around. I'm not sure what they ended up doing (if anything) for the endzones.

Unfortunately, the new logo will be at midfield on the new turf. :rolleyes:

I really like the color changes from yard marker to yard marker. REALLY excited that they got the hash lines for the yard markers this time around. I'm not sure what they ended up doing (if anything) for the endzones.

Unfortunately, the new logo will be at midfield on the new turf. :rolleyes:

No Colonels in the endzone? Cov Cath, something?

Makes sense. Ryle looks forward to helping open it with the first game in the state that friday! Big game for both of us. Kinda sets the tone for the year. Hope its completed ontime. Be safe and healthy. Good luck till then.

For what it's worth...Cov Cath is making an event of the game for the Colonels football alumni. They're calling it the "2015 Throw Back Game". Kind of cool.

The last time around, they chose to leave the endzones without anything in them because of cost savings and due to the fact that the field is both for football and soccer.

You will notice a lot of fields even in college now that are putting new field turf in replacing natural turf do not put logos or words etc in the end zones because of what you said about soccer. It is because many of these fields are multi purpose fields that have multiple different sports taking place on them with different dimensions etc. many DIII colleges for instance going to turf fields use them for soccer and field hockey also so putting logos in the end zones would interfere with end lines for other sports.