Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old Dominion 72 Murray State 69

Featured Replies

(NIT Quarterfinal)

 

Buzzer Beater Final from Norfolk. Tough loss for Murray ODU shot the ball great. What a shot to end the game! Plus the player walked!

What a heart breaker after digging down deep to come back late to tie it with 3 seconds remaining. Oh Man.

Brutal March for the Racers. Just brutal.

That's twice, right?

3 times if you count the bank 3 in the final minute against Bel,out prior to their buzzer beater. I feel terrible for those kids.

Lose the OVC tourney on a 3 with 3 seconds to go and now this.

Bad luck and the announcer said the shooter walked prior to the shot.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13

Lose the OVC tourney on a 3 with 3 seconds to go and now this.

Bad luck and the announcer said the shooter walked prior to the shot.

 

Big time walk. I get swallowing your whistle, but come on. It would have been one thing had Ellis noticed the walk with the replay, he called it out as the play unfolded.

That sucked on so many levels.

 

Great effort by both squads. ODU captured their largest lead of 10 points with 3:30 left but Murray State ramped up the pressure to tie the game. MSU was uncharacteristically poor from beyond the arc (5-21), but managed to grab points at the FT line. Cameron Payne was Cameron Payne scoring 23 points and dishing out 6 assists.

 

A lot of question marks this offseason for the Racers.

 

- MSU loses their starting front line. I am sure they are looking to go the JUCO route to fill that void. Langford returns up front and is solid but didn't see many minutes until the end of the season.

- What will Cameron Payne do? Dude was a Wooden Award semi-finalist. If he returns he has a good shot of being pre-season first team All-American in what seems to be a weaker PG year. However, I checked a couple nights ago and he has sneaked his way in to the back of the first round on Draft Express. I am not sure he is ready to step in right away and compete physically at the next level. If he returns he will be alongside DeMarcus Coaker. Coaker was a former top 100 commit that decommited and went to Texas. He then transferred to Murray State mid-season. The Racers also seem to be in the running for Memphis transfer Nick King.

- What will Steve Prohm do? I could see this hinging on Payne's decision. Prohm has a great situation in Murray but he can get paid A LOT more elsewhere. Knowing the powers at Murray, I doubt they ever pony up the money to retain a coach that can build Murray State in to what I would love to see it be.

Big time walk. I get swallowing your whistle' date=' but come on. It would have been one thing had Ellis noticed the walk with the replay, he called it out as the play unfolded.[/quote']

 

Anyone have video? I didnt see the walk from tbe angle I saw plus it is impossible to walk while dribbling.

Anyone have video? I didnt see the walk from tbe angle I saw plus it is impossible to walk while dribbling.

 

:38 second mark...not a walk.

 

:38 second mark...not a walk.

 

 

How does anyone think that's a walk?

Anyone have video? I didnt see the walk from tbe angle I saw plus it is impossible to walk while dribbling.

 

I think Ellis said "he got away with a travel" right before he shot. Maybe Ellis thought he carried the ball around the defender and called that the travel, I didn't think that was a violation. It happened at the initial onset of catching the ball and him turning, you can see Prohm giving the travel signal right away when it (supposedly) happened. Granted it was right in front of him, so maybe he was reaching. Ref had a good angle on it - this angle I can't tell anything - so maybe it didn't occur. Not fair for me to say it was obvious or he was swallowing his whistle. Not the reason MSU lost.

 

That will be my last post talking about the call. I hate trying to dissect plays frame by frame from awkward angles and defending one way or the other.

I think Ellis said "he got away with a travel" right before he shot. Maybe Ellis thought he carried the ball around the defender and called that the travel, I didn't think that was a violation. It happened at the initial onset of catching the ball and him turning, you can see Prohm giving the travel signal right away when it (supposedly) happened. Granted it was right in front of him, so maybe he was reaching. Ref had a good angle on it - this angle I can't tell anything - so maybe it didn't occur. Not fair for me to say it was obvious or he was swallowing his whistle. Not the reason MSU lost.

 

That will be my last post talking about the call. I hate trying to dissect plays frame by frame from awkward angles and defending one way or the other.

 

 

Gotcha. Hard to tell but it is possible he stopped the dribble against his hip and then dribbled again. Again, hard to see. That would be a double dribble. If the ball "hit" his hip but never came to a rest then it's still allowed to be dribbled.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.