Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Low attendance?

Featured Replies

94,437 total attendance. Lowest since 1994. Cannot blame this on who was in the finals. Average was 11,800 for each session. I don't think any one session reached 13,000.

 

Suggestions on how to increase the attendance? Or is there a change in the future?

 

These are the figures that I have received.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder how much impact having live video on the KHSAA site has?

I wonder how much impact having live video on the KHSAA site has?

 

Makes a big impact IMO. I know tons of people who stayed home and watched it online. Was football lower this year also?

I wonder how much impact having live video on the KHSAA site has?

 

Apparently none, from what you read on here the tickets are already bought and paid for, having empty seats in lower arena is secondary

Was that total attendance announced somewhere?

I heard several coaches complaining about no longer being able to get tickets through their schools. I know several coaches who no longer attend who used to go every single year just because they were given tickets by their schools.

Maybe the games at the YUM Center?

don't have UK in the NCAA tourney? Plus first nice weekend in a while.

A few schools didn't bring many fans and that also contributed. Doss had about 50 to 75 fans in each of the two games they played, and Bowling Green didn't have many more.

 

Bowling Green was surprisingly low for a team that made it to the Semifinals and the championship game. I can't believe they didn't have more fan support than what I saw today! A school with over 1,000 enrollment. That's a shame.

Would a change come from Rupp Arena or the KHSAA? Meaning, if attendance continues to dip would Rupp decide it isn't worth it and no longer bid on hosting the Sweet 16 or would the KHSAA initiate the change?

Would a change come from Rupp Arena or the KHSAA? Meaning, if attendance continues to dip would Rupp decide it isn't worth it and no longer bid on hosting the Sweet 16 or would the KHSAA initiate the change?

 

Once upon a time it was rotated.

A few schools didn't bring many fans and that also contributed. Doss had about 50 to 75 fans in each of the two games they played, and Bowling Green didn't have many more.

 

Bowling Green was surprisingly low for a team that made it to the Semifinals and the championship game. I can't believe they didn't have more fan support than what I saw today! A school with over 1,000 enrollment. That's a shame.

 

Being on Central TIme may have played havoc:D

A few schools didn't bring many fans and that also contributed. Doss had about 50 to 75 fans in each of the two games they played, and Bowling Green didn't have many more.

 

Bowling Green was surprisingly low for a team that made it to the Semifinals and the championship game. I can't believe they didn't have more fan support than what I saw today! A school with over 1,000 enrollment. That's a shame.

 

I was disappointed in the BG turnout and having graduated from there I kept a few of my friends updated on BG throughout the tournament. Some watched online as well. Plenty of people I graduated with no longer live in BG and a few of the ones that do are affiliated with other schools so they root silently in spirit. As for the folks at BG now I can't answer why they didn't show up but it was surprising that more didn't come. I'm really not sure what to make of it. Calloway County may have brought more people in their two games than BG brought for all four of their games.

Once upon a time it was rotated.

 

I wonder if that is a possibility again. I wonder when the Rupp contract runs out.

I mentioned in one of the game threads that the BGHS students literally no-showed one of their region tournament games. I don't know if their success is starting to spoil them (I've seen it before at other schools), but they're just not showing up. Bowling Green is good at literally every sport - it may be adding up and they just don't show up unless they really feel like it.

 

So the fact that they made the finals didn't help numbers for sure.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.