March 22, 201511 yr Couldn't figure this team out all season. Lose to Wake, BC, Clemson, Wofford, win vs Duke, UNC, PITT, Nova, Loiusville. Very very weird team. Wouldn't surprise me if they get blown out next game, wouldn't surprise me if they went to the Final Four. UC also killed them in Raleigh. That's a Gottfried team to a tee. You just never know...
March 22, 201511 yr Is anyone truly surprised by this? Many were surprised, I figured NC St had a good shot to win, if their coach didn't get too involved.
March 22, 201511 yr Many were surprised, I figured NC St had a good shot to win, if their coach didn't get too involved. I've paid close attention to them after they gave it to the Heels in Chapel Hill. This is a very scary squad. However, as many have said, a Gottfried coach team does exactly this and could be blown out next week. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them in the Elite 8.
March 22, 201511 yr Nova shot about 30% on three's. From the times I have seen them, that is a big part of their game. I liked Nova a lot because of their shooting but you have an off night when you rely on the three and you go home early. For that reason, not surprised. If I had picked the first #1 to go out, it would have been Nova even though they are a team I feared as a UK fan.
March 22, 201511 yr Told you all I didn't want UK playing NC State.Right now, UK shouldn't want any part of the ACC in this tournament.
March 22, 201511 yr I always thought that Villanova's tendency toward high-scoring with no true alpha dog was a problem for them in the tourney. That and the fact that they're not always known for great defense.
March 22, 201511 yr I really thought Villanova would advance deep this year; congratulations to NC State on a big win.
March 22, 201511 yr That one was my first final 4 team to go out. With the way a lot of my picks have gone it may as well. My biggest surprise is that a M. Gottfried team advanced :lol2:
March 22, 201511 yr The Northern Iowa and Louisville game winner will have a good chance to go to the final four. I agree, hopefully it's Louisville. Northern Iowa is very good.
March 22, 201511 yr I agree, hopefully it's Louisville. Northern Iowa is very good. Not only for the sake of getting that far in the tournament, but I'd love to get there because that home loss to NC State is the one Louisville suffered this year that left the worst taste after. I'd really like to see Louisville get a chance to exorcise that demon.
March 22, 201511 yr Right now, UK shouldn't want any part of the ACC in this tournament. The ACC is tough. You have 3 of the top programs in the country along with a collection of very good coaches, so they are going to be consistently one of the top 2 conferences.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.