Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015 Class 5A Preseason Top 10

Featured Replies

Well this is the last of the classes to have a Preseason Thread. Big Change will come to 5A this year with John Hardin and Warren Central out and Highlands, Cov Cath and Dixie Heights moving in. I am pretty much just throwing this out there to open some discussion on my favorite Class.

 

1. Highlands

2. Pulaski County

3. Bowling Green

4. Owensboro

5. Southwestern

6. Covington Catholic

7. Christian County

8. Anderson County

9. Franklin County

10. Grayson County

  • Replies 75
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Franklin County get moved to 4A ?

Strongest class in Commonwealth. The next few years should only get better. A lot of state championship games are blowouts, not any more in 5A.

 

Already looking forward to Fall

Honestly, 6A wouldn't have blow-outs in the Championship game if they structured the tournament a little better. Imagine if the Trinity-St. X or Trinity-Male game had been the final.

Honestly, 6A wouldn't have blow-outs in the Championship game if they structured the tournament a little better. Imagine if the Trinity-St. X or Trinity-Male game had been the final.

 

You do realize that's why they structured it that way, right? It was a compromise so they wouldn't split the public and private schools. In the past, X and T were not in the same bracket. One was from the west and the other from the East.

 

Now they all rotate their districts accordingly on the khssa.org website.

You do realize that's why they structured it that way, right? It was a compromise so they wouldn't split the public and private schools. In the past, X and T were not in the same bracket. One was from the west and the other from the East.

 

Now they all rotate their districts accordingly on the khssa.org website.

 

Then why force Male and Manual into the same district? Both of them are public schools that are fully capable of competing with St.X and Trinity, and I have a hard time believing the super district was created on accident. If Trinity's new district is in the opposite bracket from the St. X, Male, Manual district then I don't have anything to complain about. We ought to see a hard fought state final no matter who gets there.

 

That said, I'm surprised to see Pulaski County ranked above Bowling Green. How many starters did BG lose this year?

I think Highlands does return a lot. They don't have a Hoge, but they'll start a good QB. When haven't they? I have respect for Bowling Green. They could win it. I saw Pulaski last year and wasn't impressed. Highlands would've hung 60 on them. They had no speed. They just never ran into a good team that had speed. I hope Highlands gets far enough to play Pulaski. Covcath may one day be a factor too.(nah, they never are). I loved Owensboro's offense. I don't know what they return or the new coaches plan. I'm ready for football though.

I'm always confident that HHS will be in the mix but hesitate to put them first going into 5A without knowing more about what they have coming up. For now I would have BG then Pulaski and HHS.

I'm always confident that HHS will be in the mix but hesitate to put them first going into 5A without knowing more about what they have coming up. For now I would have BG then Pulaski and HHS.

 

I seen Pulaski County play one time and SK beat them 50 to 7.

Then why force Male and Manual into the same district? Both of them are public schools that are fully capable of competing with St.X and Trinity, and I have a hard time believing the super district was created on accident. If Trinity's new district is in the opposite bracket from the St. X, Male, Manual district then I don't have anything to complain about. We ought to see a hard fought state final no matter who gets there.

 

That said, I'm surprised to see Pulaski County ranked above Bowling Green. How many starters did BG lose this year?

 

It's not. The East Jefferson district (Trinity etc.) will be matched up against the west Jefferson District (Male, X etc.) in the regional. There is also a proposal afoot supported by the coaches in NKY to stop rotating the first round match-ups in 6A.

It's not. The East Jefferson district (Trinity etc.) will be matched up against the west Jefferson District (Male, X etc.) in the regional. There is also a proposal afoot supported by the coaches in NKY to stop rotating the first round match-ups in 6A.

 

Seriously? Sheesh, once again the majority of the state champs in the next four years is going to be decided in that quarterfinal. What does the KHSAA have against the Louisville 6A teams?

I seen Pulaski County play one time and SK beat them 50 to 7.

 

Milks on sale at Krogers.

I seen Pulaski County play one time and SK beat them 50 to 7.

 

I've seen SK play 5 times. Trinity 232 SK 0. What's your point?

Too soon to tell about the Colonels, so number 6 in your ranking seems like a legit spot.

 

I have a lot of hope for the Colonels this season, though.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.