Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 48 Lincoln County 46 (12th Region Championship)

Featured Replies

14.

 

I meant for his entire career. He's their all-time leading scorer, right?

  • Replies 84
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was completely miserable all game for me. Hard to watch kids you care about play each other knowing only one team will advance.

 

Hated seeing the high school careers of Timmy and Jacob end. Two awesome kids and I can't wait to follow them at college.

 

And I've got to do it all again next week when Hagen plays Tanner.

It was completely miserable all game for me. Hard to watch kids you care about play each other knowing only one team will advance.

 

Hated seeing the high school careers of Timmy and Jacob end. Two awesome kids and I can't wait to follow them at college.

 

And I've got to do it all again next week when Hagen plays Tanner.

 

I kind of feel like you. I like a lot of the kids on both teams and it sucks that some of them have to lose.

Anyone happen to know how many points Conway finished with?

 

He had 2,082 going into tonight. +14 should give him 2,096 for his career. Those numbers from the Lincoln County play-by-play man.

It's always tough watching a team come up short when they've given in their all. I still remember the first time I saw this group of kids play for Lincoln. Me and a buddy had seen Pulaski County play in the Lexington Catholic tournament and enjoyed watching them play (I don't remember their names but they had two good guards who could fill it up). To see them again we found a game that would be pretty close, choosing to go to see them play at Lincoln County. The crowd was nothing like tonight to say the least. In the JV game there was a Freshman (Pittman) who was pretty good and VERY intense. He would get upset over missing a layup or free throw or anything else. I also distinctly remember a tall scrawny kid who could play (Conway). We went to see Pulaski but we talked about how Lincoln had a lot of young talent and could be really good in a few years. It ended up coming together for them and they did become quite a team. Obviously they fell short of their goal tonight but that is nothing for them to hang their heads over. It doesn't take away from anything that group of kids was able to do together over the last few years. They just ran into another quality team tonight that was a bit better. That's what happens this time of year.

 

Anyways, congrats on the run Lincoln had. I really enjoyed watching them the last couple years. Also, good luck to Boyle in Rupp next Thursday.

Never said it wasn't a foul, it clearly is a foul. Just awful to make that call with 1 sec left.

 

I agree with you that it was a foul and maybe should not have made that call with 1 sec. But the same thing happened to Boyle in the Knox Co. Tournament. A call that probably should not have been call but was and cost Boyle the game. Not for sure which Official made the call. The Skinny Bald Official was the one that made the call at Knox. This was one of the best 12 Region Finals that I have seen in a while. Two of the top teams going down TO the LAST second. Lincoln never gave up and should be proud of the season that they had. You just hate to see two teams this good not be able to get to the Sweet Sixteen.

I think I'm under the belief that if it's a foul, it's a foul. I hate to see such an important game decided like that but I believe it was a foul.

Never said it wasn't a foul, it clearly is a foul. Just awful to make that call with 1 sec left.

 

With all that the refs are responsible for watching, you want them to watch the clock as well?

With all that the refs are responsible for watching, you want them to watch the clock as well?

 

NO! If it is a foul, it is a foul, regardless of what is on the clock. The "swallow your whistle late" line of thinking is one of the oddest narratives that I see fans support. The refs have to officiate the game in front of them until they hear a horn...period.

Congrats to Boyle on the victory. They overcame a sluggish performance in the district tournament to really put on a great run over the three games of the regional when it mattered, especially coming up big in Lincoln's gym. Crazy to think that they were 16 seconds from elimination at the district level, but that's postseason basketball at its finest where survive and advance is the only thing that matters. I hope they can make a run at Rupp.

Well...let the debate begin. It looks like a foul to me but I'll let you guys decide:

 

 

Easy call there was a foul.

I hope that by seeing players like Timmy Taylor and Conway crying their eyes out after the game, that parent from opposing teams realize that these are just kids. They want to win and will do anything to do so. I've heard plenty of fans from schools that I won't mention, yelling at Taylor as if he was an adult. Sad really. Sometimes us adults get so intertwined with the game that we feel like we're in the game. Both teams have GREAT kids, and that is why I was so happy to see that one of the two were going to Rupp. Represent the 45th BoCo!

I hope that by seeing players like Timmy Taylor and Conway crying their eyes out after the game, that parent from opposing teams realize that these are just kids. They want to win and will do anything to do so. I've heard plenty of fans from schools that I won't mention, yelling at Taylor as if he was an adult. Sad really. Sometimes us adults get so intertwined with the game that we feel like we're in the game. Both teams have GREAT kids, and that is why I was so happy to see that one of the two were going to Rupp. Represent the 45th BoCo!

 

I have said and will continue to say that Timmy Taylor is one of the best kids I've ever known.

 

I was sitting with Hagen's family last night at the game and as they announced Timmy, Hagen's mother leaned over and said "I just love that kid."

I have said and will continue to say that Timmy Taylor is one of the best kids I've ever known.

 

I was sitting with Hagen's family last night at the game and as they announced Timmy, Hagen's mother leaned over and said "I just love that kid."

 

I have coached against him, and trust me it is no fun sitting on the bench watching him dissect your defense and then talk trash about it! But, that's how that kid has to play. He has a tremendous heart, and just wants to win. That is truly hard to find in todays world of high school kids, so that's why I love the kid. Conway is the same way. True warriors. I just love seeing all of the sportsmanship that went on last night. On the court, you want to kill each other. Off the court, they're friends and fellow competitors. I just hate seeing parents throwing shots at kids on the floor. I have a formula for not yelling at players/coaches/refs...ready...? Grab $3 out of your wallet and go grab a nice warm popcorn and a mountain dew. :popcorn:

I just caught this...they didn't actually name Hagen MVP did they? It sounds like they just named an all-tournament team and happened to announce him last. I want to make sure I get that correct.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.