Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just how bad is the 9th?

Featured Replies

My apologies, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Just seems like bad officiating comments only come after a loss. The 9th region has some really good officials and the people that follow the 9th region on an everyday basis would say the same thing.

  • Replies 123
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
My apologies, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Just seems like bad officiating comments only come after a loss. The 9th region has some really good officials and the people that follow the 9th region on an everyday basis would say the same thing.

 

I'm sure they do, as do all regions, I'm just commenting on what I saw last night. Ashland Daily Independent has some good pictures in their paper of what I'm talking about.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13

I'm sure they do' date=' as do all regions, I'm just commenting on what I saw last night. Ashland Daily Independent has some good pictures in their paper of what I'm talking about.[/quote']

 

I looked at 16 pics. What was I supposed to see?

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #14

Sense we are on the topic the officials for the 9th region tourney have been HORRIBLE 19 fouls called last night in one quarter? A lot of which should have been called and a lot of phantom calls and a ton of calls not called its really hard to adjust to the officials when you can't get up the floor without a whistle.

  • Author
I looked at 16 pics. What was I supposed to see?

 

For starters, the picture of #11 for East driving by the Ashland player sticking her knees into her was called a hook on the East player!

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13

  • Author
Fr starters, the picture of #11 for East driving by the Ashland player sticking her knees into her was called a hook on the East player!

OR where #22 is being grabbed on the arm while shooting, no foul on Ashland on that play either!!

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #14

For starters, the picture of #11 for East driving by the Ashland player sticking her knees into her was called a hook on the East player!

 

Hard to tell from the pic which happened first - hook or the knee impeding the defender.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #14

OR where #22 is being grabbed on the arm while shooting, no foul on Ashland on that play either!!

 

That looks like it could have been a foul. Missed fouls happen every game. KAT got away with the same type of play yesterday. Happens.

OR where #22 is being grabbed on the arm while shooting, no foul on Ashland on that play either!!

 

Sorry your team lost. Better luck next time. Maybe you'll come out on the better end of it down the road.

  • Author
That looks like it could have been a foul. Missed fouls happen every game. KAT got away with the same type of play yesterday. Happens.

 

Yes, and these are just TWO PICTURES. You don't really think these are the only instances do you?? Happened the WHOLE GAME. This is why they had 5 total fouls for the game and East had 17, 2 different whistles. What a shame for the kids that worked so hard! If these officials really care about the job that they're doing for the kids they should feel really bad!!

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13

  • Author
Sorry your team lost. Better luck next time. Maybe you'll come out on the better end of it down the road.

 

The seniors that just played their last game won't "come out on the better end down the road"!!

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13

The seniors that just played their last game won't "come out on the better end down the road"!!

 

Again. Sorry for your loss. Keep your head up.#lifelessons

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #14

I am always amazed when I look at my pictures at the things I didn't see live. I agree with one thing, when the last whistle blows on any of these kids H. S. career it is a sad sad moment. I love the Regions but hate the finality of it all.

  • Author
I am always amazed when I look at my pictures at the things I didn't see live. I agree with one thing, when the last whistle blows on any of these kids H. S. career it is a sad sad moment. I love the Regions but hate the finality of it all.

 

Agree COMPLETELY with this!!!

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13

Hope you do and quickly. It's not that easy for the KIDS that played in their last game!!

 

From my experience from many years observing the games and the personalities involved, the KIDS tend to slough it off pretty quickly and move on to their next sport. There may be some tears involved after the game, but they dry up fast.

 

The PARENTS are the ones who struggle to get over losses, and tend to need a public forum upon which to vent.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #14

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.