Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just how bad is the 9th?

Featured Replies

Traveling is clearly defined. Bad analogy. Block/charge is (pretty) clearly defined. Just really hard sometimes.

 

Ok...we'll all tell our bosses that our job is "really hard sometimes" so we aren't going to perform today. Let's see how that works out.

 

The difference is the refs are performing. Maybe not up to your or the fans standards but they are performing. There is a difference between not performing and not calling things they way you'd like them to be called.

  • Replies 123
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

Ok...we'll all tell our bosses that our job is "really hard sometimes" so we aren't going to perform today. Let's see how that works out.

 

 

I just don't get this constant talk of comparing a real job to a high school official's job.

The difference is the refs are performing. Maybe not up to your or the fans standards but they are performing. There is a difference between not performing and not calling things they way you'd like them to be called.

 

That's what boggles my mind about fans complaining about officiating. For every 4-5 calls they miss there are 50 calls or no-calls they get right. That's a damn good % if you ask me.

I am primarily talking about protecting the shooter. Big kids get a tougher whistle than smaller ones do. And you hear officials say all the time we are going to call "hand checks" and "physical play in the post"... Its a foul one time down the floor and not the next. Consistency is a huge problem.

I just don't get this constant talk of comparing a real job to a high school official's job.

 

They're getting paid, they should be competent. Their incompetence impacts other people.

They're getting paid, they should be competent. Their incompetence impacts other people.

 

Who is saying they are incompetent? The fans that are sitting in the stands that are openly rooting for one team to prevail in the contest? Yeah because that's a real good measuring stick :rolleyes:

They're getting paid, they should be competent. Their incompetence impacts other people.

 

They get over 90% of calls right. Not my definition of incompetency. :idunno:

I am saying that A LOT of them are. That's who. And I guarantee I am as much or more qualified as you to make that determination.

They get over 90% of calls right. Not my definition of incompetency. :idunno:

 

Show me where I can find THAT stat.

I am saying that A LOT of them are. That's who. And I guarantee I am as much or more qualified as you to make that determination.

 

And because you say they are incompetent that means they are? Hogwash.

To quote the almighty one...:rolleyes:"It's subjective.."

And because you say they are incompetent that means they are? Hogwash.

 

Because YOU say they aren't? Hogwash.

Because YOU say they aren't? Hogwash.

 

I'm sure some of the officials that do high school basketball may sway more towards incompetency than competency but to make the assertion that "A LOT" of them are is ridiculous if you have nothing to back it up.

Posted this in another thread. Just 2 examples and I could go on and on.

 

I saw a coach standing in his coaching box, coaching his team during a game in the 16th. . An official comes running down the floor and trips over the coach. Demands the coach sit down. Coach refuses. Official gave him a T and said "now you will" Same ref called district finals that year. Saw an official in the 11th at the LexCath tournament call a T on a coach 22 seconds into the game for saying "she walked". Saw that ref in the state tournament that year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.