Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just how bad is the 9th?

Featured Replies

  • Author
From my experience from many years observing the games and the personalities involved, the KIDS tend to slough it off pretty quickly and move on to their next sport. There may be some tears involved after the game, but they dry up fast.

 

The PARENTS are the ones who struggle to get over losses, and tend to need a public forum upon which to vent.

 

NOT a parent, just a follower of the team, not venting, stating facts. Just saying the kids deserved better than what they got from the officials, take on the responsibility doing a good job for the kids!!

  • Replies 123
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
As always, if you think you can do better, get off your inflated rear end and take on some of that responsibility that you are barking about.

 

http://khsaa.org/officials/officiating-information/

 

 

As always, officials get offended, have ALREADY been there and done that, too old now, so get off YOUR inflated ego (and rear end too probably), officials are NOT a sacred cow, even though a bunch think they are!!

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixing The Quote

As always, officials get offended, have ALREADY been there and done that, too old now, so get off YOUR inflated ego (and rear end too probably), officials are NOT a sacred cow, even though a bunch think they are!!

 

Errrr..try again.. Not an official. You couldn't pay me enough to put up with all the 2nd guessers sitting in the stands.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixing The Quote

  • Author
Errrr..try again.. Not an official. You couldn't pay me enough to put up with all the 2nd guessers sitting in the stands.

 

Ok, you're not an official, the rest still applies then!

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13

Ok, you're not an official, the rest still applies then!

I don't know. I think I've got a rather nice rear end. :jump:

 

Probably right about the inflated ego part apparently.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixing The Quote

I don't know. I think I've got a rather nice rear end. :jump:

 

Probably right about the inflated ego part apparently.

 

Post a pic LA...we can do a BGP poll to decide it:)...

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixing The Quote

As always, officials get offended, have ALREADY been there and done that, too old now, so get off YOUR inflated ego (and rear end too probably), officials are NOT a sacred cow, even though a bunch think they are!!

 

....and welcome to the post season folks. Once we have lost our final game, we resort to personal attacks on BGP posters, because that ALWAYS makes our whining more credible.

 

Officials miss calls, but dare I say that fans in the stands miss FAR MORE calls than most officials. With Region swaps for officials, it makes it much easier for fans who have seen the same rotational crews during the season to find fault with unknowns. In some ways the anonymity is a good thing.

 

To be totally fair about the 16th, I did overhear one coach ask an official this year: "are you here for the kids tonight ?" Given this post, it must be a regional thing.

 

Sorry you didn't enjoy your games. I saw 4 fine games called by 12th Region guys this weekend and they did an outstanding job. I know most of the 9th Region post season guys and while they will miss some calls, as all do, they are some of the best in the state. I can almost guarantee you that one of the officials you saw was a finalist for Referee of the Year last year in Kentucky....

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixing The Quote

I don't know. I think I've got a rather nice rear end. :jump:

 

Probably right about the inflated ego part apparently.

 

^^^This^^^.... haters gonna hate....:dancingpa

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixing The Quote

Post a pic LA...we can do a BGP poll to decide it:)...

 

LOL - that ain't happening. You'll just have to come to the next BGP outing and see for yourself!

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixing The Quote

Are these officials really the best the 9th has to send to a regional tournament??!! ALL the games have been just TERRIBLE and what they did to East Carter last night capped it off!!! Ashland, one of the most physical half court man teams around, has ONE foul the whole first half and 5 TOTAL for the game!! Ashland is good but not PERFECT!! And no, East was NOT shooting a bunch of 3's, shot 12 or 13 for the game I believe, they were attacking the basket and shot THREE foul shots for the game with bodies all over them!! But East got called for HOOKING on a drive, POSTING too physical, 2 flops for charges!! The kids that played deserve better than this!!

 

 

BTW - how many fouls are the officials supposed to call in a half? I can't seem to find that in my rule book! :walk:

Watched the 9th region final last night and the officials from the 16th were not very good. I'd take our 9th Region officials over these guys any day. I had no dog in the fight, just wanted to see the 2 best in the 9th battle it out. It was a very good game, but the officials were not very good on either end of the court. Not an easy job, but 2 of the 3 were not able to keep up with the pace of the game. Needs to be some type of physical requirement in order to be an official.

Refs are evaluated and there are barely enough of them as it is. Guys work hard and in Championship games like last night no human over 25 could keep up with those highly conditioned athletes. Respect the refs as it is the most thankless job in the world.

Yes, and these are just TWO PICTURES. You don't really think these are the only instances do you?? Happened the WHOLE GAME. This is why they had 5 total fouls for the game and East had 17, 2 different whistles. What a shame for the kids that worked so hard! If these officials really care about the job that they're doing for the kids they should feel really bad!!

 

I am not real sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, and if so I apologize. I was to angry to read through the rest of the thread to find out, only made it to post 12 I think.

 

16th, there is one solution to your problem that I can think of. If you think the officials are so bad and they caused your team to lose the game, then BECOME A HIGH SCHOOL OFFICIAL AND SHOW EVERYONE HOW OFFICIATING SHOULD BE DONE. Nothing worse than a cry baby because your team lost. These people give up 5 months out of their year at least 4 nights a week for not a lot of money per game to do something they love. Officiating is not easy and I commend these people for putting up with loud mouth people who live vicariously through their children in high school sports. Better luck next year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.