Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just how bad is the 9th?

Featured Replies

Are these officials really the best the 9th has to send to a regional tournament??!! ALL the games have been just TERRIBLE and what they did to East Carter last night capped it off!!! Ashland, one of the most physical half court man teams around, has ONE foul the whole first half and 5 TOTAL for the game!! Ashland is good but not PERFECT!! And no, East was NOT shooting a bunch of 3's, shot 12 or 13 for the game I believe, they were attacking the basket and shot THREE foul shots for the game with bodies all over them!! But East got called for HOOKING on a drive, POSTING too physical, 2 flops for charges!! The kids that played deserve better than this!!

  • Replies 123
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 Regions and all apply the same rules differently, you have to adjust to the refs. Just how it is. I am a fan of the 9th Region refs and I watch them 4 nights a week. I am not a fan of the swap for Regions.

16 Regions and all apply the same rules differently, you have to adjust to the refs. Just how it is. I am a fan of the 9th Region refs and I watch them 4 nights a week. I am not a fan of the swap for Regions.

 

I almost understand why they do it, but I still don't like it. By the looks of things on their site, the KHSAA has no plans to change this in the near future.

  • Author
Not bad at all, moving on. :walk:

 

REALLY BAD!!

I almost understand why they do it, but I still don't like it. By the looks of things on their site, the KHSAA has no plans to change this in the near future.

 

It is easier to change the rotation of the earth than to change the KHSAA. I must admit they put on a great show though.

The infamous over and back call against Etown/Iroquois Sweet 16 final was made by a 9th region official. No one call ever decides a game, but SHE was horrible all night on both sides of the ball. I agree with Panda, and the format used in regions is asinine.

Are these officials really the best the 9th has to send to a regional tournament??!! ALL the games have been just TERRIBLE and what they did to East Carter last night capped it off!!! Ashland, one of the most physical half court man teams around, has ONE foul the whole first half and 5 TOTAL for the game!! Ashland is good but not PERFECT!! And no, East was NOT shooting a bunch of 3's, shot 12 or 13 for the game I believe, they were attacking the basket and shot THREE foul shots for the game with bodies all over them!! But East got called for HOOKING on a drive, POSTING too physical, 2 flops for charges!! The kids that played deserve better than this!!

 

Let me guess, did your team lose?

It is easier to change the rotation of the earth than to change the KHSAA. I must admit they put on a great show though.
I realized yesterday that I may have been a little overly critical of some of the referees that are in the region that I watch regularly. There are some good ones and some not so much. But the region switcheroos that they sent in to do "important" games for the kids were just not very good. It is an incredibly difficult job---but if the guys they sent are the best in their region, I owe all of our region's officials a public apology!!!
  • Author
Not bad at all, moving on. :walk:

 

REALLY BAD!!!

  • Author
16 Regions and all apply the same rules differently, you have to adjust to the refs. Just how it is. I am a fan of the 9th Region refs and I watch them 4 nights a week. I am not a fan of the swap for Regions.

 

It's not about adjusting to style, it's about one end of the floor being called one way and the other end differently!!

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13

  • Author
Let me guess, did your team lose?

Has NOTHING to do with me posting, have lost PLENTY of games and this is the FIRST time I've said anything about the officials so take your smart reply back with you!!

  • Author
Moving on

 

Hope you do and quickly. It's not that easy for the KIDS that played in their last game!!

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #13

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.