Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Top 25

Featured Replies

Heres a link...http://www.khsbca.com/06poll_april17.asp

 

1. Lexington Christian (4)

2. Lexington Catholic (8)

3. Pleasure Ridge Park (4)

4. Louisville Eastern (1)

5. Louisville Trinity (2)

  • Replies 69
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this yesterday. Looks like a solid group of teams. CovCath is on a hot streak going 8-0 I believe, but dropped 2 games in a row to the same team they smacked 6-0, which must have hurt their ranking. The list looks pretty good to me.

Was this poll taken before last weekend's games?

How does Lex Cath be ranked at #2 after losing to both Trinity and Boyd Co this weekend?????

7 out of the top 10 teams are from Louisville/Lexington. 10 out of the top 15.

No Harrison Co.?

 

 

They are playing very well considering they lost so much last year. They are small and very young, but should be a contender by the end of the season. They are undefeated against in state teams and now have an 8-2 record. :ylsuper:

Is this the AP poll? If so I could see how Pulaski County got a 1st place vote.

Is this the AP poll? If so I could see how Pulaski County got a 1st place vote.

Nope, it's a coaches poll, but I doubt Pulaski's coach is going to vote them #1. It looks like of the 250 some odd head coaches, only about twenty actually voted.

How does Lex Cath be ranked at #2 after losing to both Trinity and Boyd Co this weekend?????

 

I'd say it definately was taken before those games were played. Anyone know who the Knights have lost to this year? They are 14-4-1. They do have wins over Dunbar, LCA, and a slew of apparently good Tennessee teams to boost their ranking. I'd be interested to hear about the two games they dropped this weekend.

I thought the public vs private debate was bascially all about football, but to look at the top 6 teams, 4 are private. Any of those top 10 teams could beat each other on any given day. It's all going to come down to who is hot in May and June.

  • Author

Tates Creek beat Lexington Christian last night. LCA plays Lafayette tonight.

 

Matbe not #1 for long.

I thought the public vs private debate was bascially all about football, but to look at the top 6 teams, 4 are private. Any of those top 10 teams could beat each other on any given day. It's all going to come down to who is hot in May and June.

 

Exactly, LCA won the state championship last season and I believe won every postseason game either by one run or in extra innnings.

While the list has quite a few private schools, there is one notable difference for Lexington Christian. They are the smallest school in the list. I don't care if a school is private or public, if they are an A school that is something to be proud of.

Exactly, LCA won the state championship last season and I believe won every postseason game either by one run or in extra innnings.

 

In the three game series against Covington Catholic to go to state they thumped the Colonels in the first game. The score may have been close, but they were hitting the heck out of CCH's ace. The second and 3rd games were 2 of the best high school games I've ever been to with LCA winning a come-from-behind third game. Those were some big boys who could swing the bat throughout the lineup.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.