Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015 Class 2A Preseason Top 10

Featured Replies

Did some research for some poster. Hope no one is offended with it and hope many can give some good feedback.

 

1 Mayfield

2 Desales

3 New Cath

4 CAL

5 Murray

6 Bardstown

7 Shelby Valley

8 Owensboro Cath

9 Prestonsburg

10 Somerset

 

 

Several teams could crack it later on.

Glasgow,Leslie County, Danville and Walton Verona.

  • Replies 142
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some research for some poster. Hope no one is offended with it and hope many can give some good feedback.

 

1 Mayfield

2 Desales

3 New Cath

4 CAL

5 Murray

6 Bardstown

7 Shelby Valley

8 Owensboro Cath

9 Prestonsburg

10 Somerset

 

 

Several teams could crack it later on.

Glasgow,Leslie County, Danville and Walton Verona.

 

Depends. De Sales returns a lot I believe.

DeSales was the best team of the lot at the end of last season and in my humble opinion it was by a 14-17 point margin over Mayfield.

 

With that said I know what Mayfield has back and it is darn good... I don't know what DeSales lost but do know Pirtle is gone and he was a stud.

 

So to me I think it is a toss up entering the year and have no problem assuming Mayfield as #1 .

One team you forgot that I see being a big factor in 2A is Monroe County dropping from 3A.

 

Last year was a bit of an underachieving year and injuries played a huge role. They return almost everyone and I could see them being a tough out in the West. Think they are in the 8-12 range of 2A for sure.

Thanks BAC for starting this up

 

My knowledge of some of these teams is pretty good and poor with others. I cant really argue with your rankings but not sure if Mf should be at #1 . Mf returns a ton at the skill positions including a QB that as a sophomore far exceeded expectations and a sophomore running back that is already becoming well known state wide. The receiver position is deep with only Bacon lost to graduation and Tucker will return after injury to replace. But Mf is going to be thin in the trenches and that is where DeSales has excelled in years past.

If Mayfield can produce a line then they will be right in there. The line will be young but talented. The good news is all teams go west in the playoffs. Mayfield could be #1 or # 5 . I know the boys are working hard in the weight room.

Well....I knew it was only a matter of time. As one poster above said, I do think they Colts would have been about a 2 TD favorite over Mayfield last year. This year I think it's a toss up. Game is down there if we both make it (which I believe we both will.) It could go either way. I do think the winner of that game will win State. Ohh and Bardstown moved to 3A.

Well....I knew it was only a matter of time. As one poster above said, I do think they Colts would have been about a 2 TD favorite over Mayfield last year. This year I think it's a toss up. Game is down there if we both make it (which I believe we both will.) It could go either way. I do think the winner of that game will win State. Ohh and Bardstown moved to 3A.

DeSales might have been a 2 td favorite but Mayfield found a way to win.....just ask a long list of opponents.

DeSales is the defending champ. They are number one until somebody proves different.

  • Author

My reasoning for putting Mayfield at 1 is they return majority of there offense and will have less holes to fill than Desales will.

DeSales is the defending champ. They are number one until somebody proves different.

 

Nothing wrong with that

  • Author

Mayfield is a defending champion as well. Since my list showed Bardstown still in 2A just move everyone up one. But I would add Leslie County to the list because they lost hardly nothing to a young team. Monroe will be in the think of things too but I see them knocking on the door to the top 10 and could crack it at anytime.

I like Lloyd being in the top 10.

I can dig Mayfield #1 , but you better watch out for Murray High. This might be the year. They had DeSales on the ropes last year and I wouldn't be surprised if they win the district next year.

 

Mayfield is a deserving #1 in my book.

Somerset didn't win a game last year how are they in the Top 10?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.