Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015 Class 2A Preseason Top 10

Featured Replies

I have nothing but respect for mayfield as I am a HUGE football fan and love great teams, I just don't understand the hostility. The comparing scores and cal preps rankings do nothing for me because of bad nights for teams, weather conditions, etc. We will just have to wait until the two teams line up and play each other, granted we both get there.

  • Replies 142
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing but respect for mayfield as I am a HUGE football fan and love great teams, I just don't understand the hostility. The comparing scores and cal preps rankings do nothing for me because of bad nights for teams, weather conditions, etc. We will just have to wait until the two teams line up and play each other, granted we both get there.

 

Calpreps.com has proven to be a very good evaluator of football teams across the country.

 

Ssecondly, I don't see any hostility

It's all good Colt, I do like to stir the pot some though but I promise it is all in good fun and can take it right back so anything you want to say will not be taken the wrong way. In fact, when the pot does get stirred it always brings out a lot of new posters making these down months a little more interesting.

 

While you may not read much into Calpreps or comparing scores I think you would admit both teams were in the same vicinity in terms of good last year as both won titles. The one point I think will be difficult to argue though is that Mayfield returns an awful lot and certainly more than Desales.

Edited by Toothpick

In regard to the hostility, I was not speaking so much as to what has been said to me, just from reading this site for the past two years.

 

Toothpick,

I Definetly agree that mayfield and Desales have both been very good football teams the past two years. We do return a lot but are losing a very very talented senior class. Having said that, the underclass men coming up have been apart of two state title runs and know what it takes. I have faith in coach Davis and the whole coaching staff.

The other point that should be made about DeSales is (please correct me if wrong) they have a huge roster. Someone told me they had a 90 player roster last year. If that is accurate, there are almost surely some quality players there who were down the depth chart and are ready to go for their opportunity in 2015.

The 90 player roster is a little misconfigured. We "officially" have 90 if we dress our freshman team along varsity and that is on special occasions and play off time. Normally it is a 60-70 man roster on the average Friday night. Still pretty good numbers for 2A, however.

I respect both teams but am a fan of neither, and your posts sound childish to me. DeSales and other teams in 2A civilly stated that they believe they are equal to or better than Mayfield. Whether they are right or wrong, they have presented their opinion in a reasonable manner.

 

You have responded by disparaging them and their team. Instead of explaining why you believe Mayfield is a superior team in a civil discussion, you immediately went on the attack and mocked them for daring to have an opinion different than yours.

 

Try looking at the situation from their perspective, rather than just lashing out.

 

Nope.

didn't disparage them at all, other than to say Mayfield was better. And i pointed out reasons....the rankings last year, and our common opponent. I also rebutted their stated notion that 2A would be tougher for us by pointing out that we already have a superior history in 2A. Everything i pointed out was factual, and i didn't say one negative thing about their team other than they barely squeaked by Murray.

 

If that's disparaging and lashing out.....well, nice to meet you Oprah.

 

I don't really want to look at it from their perspective. This is not a therapy session, or the middle east peace talks. They can have their perspective and I will keep mine, it's a football internet message board, one should expect a little bravado and homerism.

 

p.s. the Oprah thing was a joke. kidding on the square. you accused me falsely of disparaging another team and i don't think i did.

Nope.

didn't disparage them at all, other than to say Mayfield was better. And i pointed out reasons....the rankings last year, and our common opponent. I also rebutted their stated notion that 2A would be tougher for us by pointing out that we already have a superior history in 2A. Everything i pointed out was factual, and i didn't say one negative thing about their team other than they barely squeaked by Murray.

 

If that's disparaging and lashing out.....well, nice to meet you Oprah.

 

I don't really want to look at it from their perspective. This is not a therapy session, or the middle east peace talks. They can have their perspective and I will keep mine, it's a football internet message board, one should expect a little bravado and homerism.

 

p.s. the Oprah thing was a joke. kidding on the square. you accused me falsely of disparaging another team and i don't think i did.

 

Falsely accused you?

 

"I like the Desales talk. Let'em be preseason 1. Let'em believe that little ole Mayfield can't compete at the 2A level. Please KHSAA please don't put us in the big bad 2A level, the level where we already were and won five state titles. That's 3 more titles in 2A than what Desales has."

 

"I do know exactly how you did against Murray, and it wasn't exactly impressive. But congratulations on squeaking by them.

The talk is fun, but we are in your class now, and your application for the "woulda coulda shoulda beat Mayfield" club is in the mail."

 

 

Are you not listening to yourself? How is that not mocking and disparaging?

 

Also, does that 'bravado' only apply to you? Because you certainly act like nobody else is entitled to it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.