February 19, 201511 yr Anybody else notice Holy Cross head coach Ryan Schrand sitting behind the X bench? Sure did. I was there live, too.
February 19, 201511 yr The must win game for XU is versus Creighton. You don't want a loss to a 100+ RPI team this late. XU is in the top 40 RPI and has 3 wins versus RPI top 25 teams. Good SOS. Beat Creighton and get a win over Villanova or Butler (both at Cintas) and they are a lock for the tournament. Even if they lose to both Villanova and Butler, they are likely in barring a bad first round loss in the league tournament. Also have a game at St. John's, #45 RPI. Need to get a win against one of the three tough games left and beat Creighton. Edited February 19, 201511 yr by Voice of Reason
February 19, 201511 yr You'll be amazed. UC is out of wiggle room, but really just have to take care of business. 2-2 would lock X in, but that will be a challenge...
February 19, 201511 yr UC is RPI 34; 3-1 vs RPI 1-25; 2-2 vs RPI 25-50. Final 3 versus terrible RPI teams so they need to win those. The bad losses hurt the resume and their RPI and SOS are going to drop due to playing those 3. But I see UC in as well. So I agree with MTGL.
February 19, 201511 yr UC is out of wiggle room' date=' but really just have to take care of business. 2-2 would lock X in, but that will be a challenge...[/quote'] 2-2 is definitely a challenge.
February 19, 201511 yr 2-2 is definitely a challenge. At 1-3 they probably need at least one W in New York to feel safe. Very few 14 loss teams have gotten in...
February 19, 201511 yr UC is RPI 34; 3-1 vs RPI 1-25; 2-2 vs RPI 25-50. Final 3 versus terrible RPI teams so they need to win those. The bad losses hurt the resume and their RPI and SOS are going to drop due to playing those 3. But I see UC in as well. So I agree with MTGL. The next 3 are the bad RPI games @Houston, UCF and @Tulane. The final 2 are @Tulsa and Memphis. HAVE to win the next 3 or it gets real dicey...
February 19, 201511 yr The next 3 are the bad RPI games @Houston, UCF and @Tulane. The final 2 are @Tulsa and Memphis. HAVE to win the next 3 or it gets real dicey... I agree. Thanks for the added info on the schedule. I forgot to look at the March games for both UC and XU. I added in the XU info to my post above.
February 19, 201511 yr Ugh...brutal way to go down. Cobb got a good look, but probably not the shot you want there. It was an amazing atmosphere. really enjoyed my first Crosstown Shootout! UC's Tourney chances aren't dead, but the crash cart is outside the door.
February 19, 201511 yr Yet Mr. Calhoun sees both as tournament-worthy. And maybe they are; hard to tell sometimes when a team "wins ugly". I've watched both of them a few times this year. As an Ole Miss fan I don't believe we are a tourney team either, yet we are sitting as good if not better than cinci or X to get in this year. Just a bad year for college hoops.
February 19, 201511 yr I've watched both of them a few times this year. As an Ole Miss fan I don't believe we are a tourney team either, yet we are sitting as good if not better than cinci or X to get in this year. Just a bad year for college hoops. UC, X and Ole Miss are what 8-12 seeds look like every year. If they weren't flawed, they wouldn't be in the position they are...
February 19, 201511 yr Questionable shot at the end for UC, but the foul 18 feet from the basket on a non-penetrating pass in inexcusable. Props to the XU frosh for hitting the FT's. I thought UC locked in on defense and Xavier got a little passive with the lead. Fun game to watch.
February 19, 201511 yr I've watched both of them a few times this year. As an Ole Miss fan I don't believe we are a tourney team either, yet we are sitting as good if not better than cinci or X to get in this year. Just a bad year for college hoops. A) Ole Miss is very likely to be behind both of those on the S-curve come March, almost certainly will be behind Xavier (barring something unforeseen). B) Ole Miss really needs that Georgia game, and they need A&M to hang on to a Top 50 RPI position. C) Completely disagree with bad year for college hoops....this is A YEAR for college hoops. Nothing different. A couple of great teams. A lot of good teams. A ton of teams that can be great one night and awful the next. A lot of bad teams. A lot of horrible teams that 1,473 people will pay to see on a Saturday....maybe. Xavier is one of the top 20 offensive teams in America...and have done it against one of the top 10-15 schedules in America. Now, they are horrific on the other end, but they are certainly capable of beating nearly anyone on a given night. They are also capable of losing to anyone on a given night. Them, Notre Dame, Iowa State....all really good offensive teams that can't stop anyone, and if they have a bad night from the floor, can get beat by David and his slingshot. However, those three will keep the great teams up at night because if they have a good offensive night, you better buckle your chin strap.
February 19, 201511 yr What a back story this rivalry has become. It's sad. I remember when this was must see TV in Cincinnati. Now, and I follow sports pretty closely, I didn't even know the game was happening until after it was over. Sad....
February 19, 201511 yr I haven't watched too many UC or X games this year but I enjoyed watching this one with a good buddy whose a huge UC fan. He was getting pumped as the Bearcats clawed back in the 2nd half. Me, not knowing anything about UC, thought it was a great look at the end. He didn't think so.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.