Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southwestern 71 Knott County Central 68

Featured Replies

Is Knott expected to sleep walk through their region ?

 

Yes they will

  • Replies 32
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Knott expected to sleep walk through their region ?

 

Yes

Southwestern was red hot all night from 3 land. Knott got beat off the dribble and when help came Southwestern dished it to a shooter for the three. Knott was not quick enough to recover. The most important part of the win was Southwestern's physical play. Knott has not encountered a team that was making it clear they were going to mix it up. I don't know whether I am permitted to post videos of the game here but it definitely was played at an intensity that Knott seemed to not be ready for. The game was a loss for Knott but should be helpful in teaching them a valuable lesson. I expect Lincoln to be even tougher this Saturday.

Is Knott expected to sleep walk through their region ?

 

The consensus second best team in the 14th Region is Perry County Central and Knott has beat them twice by 15 and 23 points.

SW had balanced scoring in this one. Issacs 17, Gaskin 12, Gover 12, Butt 11, Fitzgerald 11, Cromer 6 and Dykes 2

Knott had Justice with 30, Hall 19, Combs 9, Cornett 5, Caudill 3 and Christian 2

And the game winning shot!

 

If I am not allowed to post these, just delete! Sorry if I break a rule, which I have done before!

Videos are allowed to be posted. Thanks for sharing.

I'm still waiting to see the physical play. I didn't see it in any of the videos.

And the game winning shot!

 

If I am not allowed to post these, just delete! Sorry if I break a rule, which I have done before!

 

I wasn't at the game but when I saw the result I told my friend that I bet the big boy for SW (Dylan Gaskins) got up into Hall and frustrated him, which you can see happening in two of the videos. That is something he has never cared for.

I have only seen Evan Hall play a few times and I love the kids game but I have noticed that he doesn't like physical play or somebody getting "up" in him. Seems to get frustrated

Evan Hall had 19 points and 13 rebounds.

I have only seen Evan Hall play a few times and I love the kids game but I have noticed that he doesn't like physical play or somebody getting "up" in him. Seems to get frustrated

 

Yeah, that's what I've seen as well. With that said, like Patman noted with the stats, even if you try to frustrate him he's still gonna put up great numbers cause he's just that good. I'm not sure there is a post player in the state that scores better than him.

I think Evan Hall is one of the tougher big men I've watched in recent years. Usually when someone gets up in his face, they find themselves on their backs at some point in the game. He can play on my team any time.

I hope Knott County Central can win the state title because I'd like to see the 14th region bring one home after almost 60 years, but one concern is their lack of depth and reliance on mostly two players. The state tournament can be a grind and the deeper teams seem to have the best chance at prevailing.

I hope Knott County Central can win the state title because I'd like to see the 14th region bring one home after almost 60 years, but one concern is their lack of depth and reliance on mostly two players. The state tournament can be a grind and the deeper teams seem to have the best chance at prevailing.

 

First, has it really been that long for the 14th?

 

Also, I love their draw. Gives them a great chance of making it to Saturday.

 

Dreaming here but it'd be awesome to see Knott vs say Ballard Saturday night and have Justice get hot. Watching him go for 62 at Lexington Catholic two years ago is one of the most enjoyable games I've watched. It may be the best individual performance I've ever seen.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.