Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 65 Vanderbilt 57

Featured Replies

I agree, Dakari will not be in the league past one season.

 

Could be right, still you can play below the rim and have a long nba career.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could be right, still you can play below the rim and have a long nba career.

If you are quick and highly skilled, like say a Zach Randolph, no doubt you can, and I hope he does have a long career.

UK tends to struggle against man to man defense, and will continue to do so unless one of their big men proves that he has to be double teamed to stop, although their interior passing is improving. They also don't appear to have many players who are very good slashers to the basket.

UK tends to struggle against man to man defense, and will continue to do so unless one of their big men proves that he has to be double teamed to stop, although their interior passing is improving. They also don't appear to have many players who are very good slashers to the basket.

 

Its kind of funny because earlier in the year it was UK struggles against zone defenses, and now after a tough offensive game it is said they struggle against teams who play man. Quite honestly I don't think it really matters what a team plays. It just depends on UK, because they have looked great against man to man this year and looked sloppy at times. The same can be said when they play against zone. I don't think there is one way to play UK. A team is going to have to mix defenses IMO.

Edited by futurecoach

Its kind of funny because earlier in the year it was UK struggles against zone defenses, and now after a tough offensive game it is said they struggle against teams who play man. Quite honestly I don't think it really matters what a team plays. It just depends on UK, because they have looked great against man to man this year and looked sloppy at times. The same can be said when they play against zone. I don't think there is one way to play UK. A team is going to have to mix defenses IMO.

 

A lot of it depends on defensive match-ups as well. I believe you are right about a team mixing their defenses probably being the best strategy.

Hawkins started and looked good on defense, hit a 3 from the corner, and then was taken out. Was he ever back in the game?

Hawkins started and looked good on defense, hit a 3 from the corner, and then was taken out. Was he ever back in the game?

 

I don't believe that he came back in and noticed it as well. I was wondering if maybe whatever his issue was with his back came back up.

Hawkins started and looked good on defense, hit a 3 from the corner, and then was taken out. Was he ever back in the game?

 

I don't believe that he came back in and noticed it as well. I was wondering if maybe whatever his issue was with his back came back up.

 

He came back in when the starters re-entered the game, but never left the bench after that. Played 7 minutes.

He came back in when the starters re-entered the game, but never left the bench after that. Played 7 minutes.

 

I wonder if it was to keep him from getting injured. But I also thought he got lost a couple of times on defense as the game progressed. Maybe all the above.

I wonder if it was to keep him from getting injured. But I also thought he got lost a couple of times on defense as the game progressed. Maybe all the above.

 

After the game they asked Cal about it, and he answered something along the lines of, "I went with the guys that I had to to get the win".

After the game they asked Cal about it, and he answered something along the lines of, "I went with the guys that I had to to get the win".

 

I thought he played with intensity and didn't hurt UK while he was in the game, but evidently Cal saw something different.

 

I'm beginning to believe Cal knows more about coaching basketball than me. His record is a little better than my Middle School and JV coaching record back in my feeble attempt at coaching days. Lol.

I thought he played with intensity and didn't hurt UK while he was in the game, but evidently Cal saw something different.

 

I'm beginning to believe Cal knows more about coaching basketball than me. His record is a little better than my Middle School and JV coaching record back in my feeble attempt at coaching days. Lol.

He does know what he is doing, but as I've maintained, he gets too emotional and wrapped up sometimes in the game. I have never been a fan of how he just yanks guys on a short leash without trying to let guys play through mistakes. Hawkins and Willis are not on the same talent plain, but they are never going to get the requisite confidence if they are jerked at the first sign of distress.

He does know what he is doing, but as I've maintained, he gets too emotional and wrapped up sometimes in the game. I have never been a fan of how he just yanks guys on a short leash without trying to let guys play through mistakes. Hawkins and Willis are not on the same talent plain, but they are never going to get the requisite confidence if they are jerked at the first sign of distress.

 

Maybe it was just me, but I thought Hawkins was struggling mightily out there Tuesday night. He looked out of sorts in the offensive sets and had a couple miscues.

 

You're right neither he or Willis are of the same talent level, but they have to at least be able to hold their own. Against Alabama Willis looked all sorts of lost on both sides of the floor.

Maybe it was just me, but I thought Hawkins was struggling mightily out there Tuesday night. He looked out of sorts in the offensive sets and had a couple miscues.

 

You're right neither he or Willis are of the same talent level, but they have to at least be able to hold their own. Against Alabama Willis looked all sorts of lost on both sides of the floor.

Oh yeah, I agree. But I think a lot of that is who they are playing with and being a nervous wreck they are going to screw up. And in fairness, if I am trying to decide between giving minutes to Willis and Lyles, it is a no-brainer. I just don't like the rugged being yanked like it so often is.

If you are quick and highly skilled, like say a Zach Randolph, no doubt you can, and I hope he does have a long career.

 

He's no Moses Malone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.