Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jay Williams

Featured Replies

I don't know what the former Duke player did since last college basketball season, but watching him on College Basketball Live right now, the guy has improved 300% as an analyst since last year.

Love that kid. My favorite Dukie ever. I still get halfway emotional when I think of Jay.

Love that kid. My favorite Dukie ever. I still get halfway emotional when I think of Jay.

Didn't he crash a motorcycle or something? And that screwed up his NBA career... Or am I thinking of someone else?

I really enjoyed watching Jay Williams in college. He was so tough.

I haven't seen Delk on any analyst duties lately. I wonder if they've cut his schedule back. He seems like a nice guy but I haven't been very impressed with his delivery and he doesn't seem comfortable. I've notice they've been using the Dane guy from Tennessee a lot in the last few days.

Loved him as a player and he's gotten way better over time on tv.

I haven't seen Delk on any analyst duties lately. I wonder if they've cut his schedule back. He seems like a nice guy but I haven't been very impressed with his delivery and he doesn't seem comfortable. I've notice they've been using the Dane guy from Tennessee a lot in the last few days.

 

Delk is SECN. He was on there during the Ole Miss-Kentucky game in studio.

I agree. He seems to improve every year. He's one of the few I can stand to listen to. Shane Battier, on the other hand, has a long, long way to go.

He was a terrible announcer when he started out, but is much improved now. There are others I enjoy listening to better, but he does a pretty good job.

 

As a college player, Williams was fantastic.

Didn't he crash a motorcycle or something? And that screwed up his NBA career... Or am I thinking of someone else?

 

Yes. That's him. I get emotional when thinking about the loss to Indiana at Rupp in 2002. That's easily one of the worst losses I have experienced as a Duke fan. That was a really tough pill to swallow that night.

I don't know what the former Duke player did since last college basketball season, but watching him on College Basketball Live right now, the guy has improved 300% as an analyst since last year.

 

I was having this same conversation with my best friend last night. He has improved greatly, and I like that he is objective.

Yes. That's him. I get emotional when thinking about the loss to Indiana at Rupp in 2002. That's easily one of the worst losses I have experienced as a Duke fan. That was a really tough pill to swallow that night.

 

I was there. In the days leading up to the game, Coach K was asked if he was concerned about his team's inability to shoot FT's. Coach K said no, because they make them when it counts. Well, not on that day at Rupp.

Yes. That's him. I get emotional when thinking about the loss to Indiana at Rupp in 2002. That's easily one of the worst losses I have experienced as a Duke fan. That was a really tough pill to swallow that night.

 

My friend who is the biggest Duke fan that I know who was at that game, told me he impregnated his wife (then girlfriend) that night after the loss. He told the story to Williams at Duke's fantasy camp, Williams said "he was glad he could help out ". They are still married 12 years later.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.