Mid-Season Region Player of the Year

With the season now half over, who are the favorites to win POY in your favorite region? I live in Louisville and follow the 6th and 7th Region very close.

In the 6th Region I give the edge to Richard Gaines from PRP. Gaines has been outstanding for the Panthers. Doss pg DuJuanta Weaver is a close 2nd and could win the award as well.

In the 7th Region I'm going to go with Jalen Perry from Ballard. Trinity is obviously loaded and Spalding is the best college prospect in the region but Perry has been playing with a ton of confidence this season. He has improved his jump shot and scoring at will.

Thoughts? What about tbe rest of the state?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9th: Ben Weyer

10th: Jake Ohmer

Not arguing because I haven't seen any 9th region games but am surprised at your pick. Can you tell me a little about Ben? Also haven't seen Jake play since middle school but am not surprised that he is doing well. What kind of player is he now?

Always liked his game and have thought he has been underrated on a state level. He has gotten bigger than I thought he would too.

I remember seeing him as a middle school kid on the varsity floor and thinking he could hold his own with the older guys. I agree he's grown to be much bigger than I thought he would and doesn't get the statewide recognition he deserves at all.

I remember seeing him as a middle school kid on the varsity floor and thinking he could hold his own with the older guys. I agree he's grown to be much bigger than I thought he would and doesn't get the statewide recognition he deserves at all.

Agreed. Grown, and still growing. Another off-season of hard work, and no one will be able to ignore him next year. He is leading the region in scoring this year. Great all around smart player-