Daviess County 48 Apollo 31

How does a team with a high major player like Wright only score 31 points??

Eli did not shoot it well and the zone really frustrated him. When he would drive and dish, the other players on the team couldn't finish either. Tough tough night for Apollo. Credit DC. They came out and stalled the ball vs Apollo's zone and hit a few buckets that up the Eagles down 9-0 to start. Seemed Apollo was pressing to get back in it from that point forward. This was just an odd game to see. No flow or momentum to the game at all. And that benefited County in a big way. Humme had a GREAT game plan. Apollo will see DC again in a district elimination game first round.

I'll say I'm great disappointed in Apollo this far. I expected much bigger things. I expected both them and OHS to be top 10 teams in the state. OHS is winning but I'm not sure they are living up to the hype either. A lot of basketball left but you had better keep your eye on these Panthers. They could make some noise.

Yep they sure aren't.. 3rd region looking pretty weak top to bottom..no clear favorite...tough on each other though...looks like another early exit at Rupp for the 3rd.

Are you kidding me? Weak? Top to Bottom? Another early exit?

First, the 9th district is arguably one of the toughest in the state, and one of those teams will not make the regional tourney. At Muhlenberg, you have one of the best coaches anywhere who gets the most out of his players. Grayson has a good mix of players as does Meade. Daviess struggled at McLean earlier this week. This region is anything but weak, but as with most regions you have teams that are not in the discussion.

I still think Owensboro is still the team to beat, but I would not sleep on Daviess or Apollo.

If the 3rd can get a good draw at the State Tourney, they could make a deep run in Lexington.

Are you kidding me? Weak? Top to Bottom? Another early exit?

First, the 9th district is arguably one of the toughest in the state, and one of those teams will not make the regional tourney. At Muhlenberg, you have one of the best coaches anywhere who gets the most out of his players. Grayson has a good mix of players as does Meade. Daviess struggled at McLean earlier this week. This region is anything but weak, but as with most regions you have teams that are not in the discussion.

I still think Owensboro is still the team to beat, but I would not sleep on Daviess or Apollo.

If the 3rd can get a good draw at the State Tourney, they could make a deep run in Lexington.

Didn't Owensboro barely squeak past Owensboro Catholic last night? I see Catholic is not in your list of teams to watch for.

I wouldn't throw Owensboro in with Apollo at all as far as disappointing...they've lost 2 games Doss and Wayne Co., the won a tournament in Illinois over some great Illinois teams, beat DC, Bowling Green Christian Co, warren Central, Bardstown etc ranked in every poll that I've seen.