Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DirecTV drops LEX18

Featured Replies

I'd like to know myself. This is crap.

Maysville DirecTV never has had any of the Lexington network stations. Only Cincinnati.

Robertson Co has lex stations anything north of them is Cincy

I'm sure it's anbout the money

Maybe it's because of their spelling issues.

 

MathLab_WLEX.jpg

It's all about money. Lex18 wants more and Directv wants more. All I know is that I am going to invest in an antenna before the Super Bowl so I won't have to worry about greed ruining my viewing experiences.

Maybe it's because of their spelling issues.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48413[/ATTACH]

 

 

Junior has math lab at school for fifth period. Should I be concerned :idunno:

  • Author
It's all about money. Lex18 wants more and Directv wants more. All I know is that I am going to invest in an antenna before the Super Bowl so I won't have to worry about greed ruining my viewing experiences.

 

I have avoided the digital antenna purchase till now.

Limestone Cablevision dropped it also in Maysville.

Maybe it's because of their spelling issues.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48413[/ATTACH]

 

I don't care who you are; that's funny right their.

  • Author

From LHL:

 

WLEX-TV, DirecTV try to end money dispute so the local station can reach customers | Business | Kentucky.com

 

Tyrer, however, put the blame on Cordillera, saying that DirecTV is prohibited from dropping WLEX under a law that requires cable and satellite providers to carry local stations in their communities. He said DirecTV needs permission from Cordillera Communications to continue the WLEX signal, contending that Cordillera "will not provide us permission unless we commit our Lexington customers to paying nearly six times more just to have WLEX the same as before." The specific dollar amount wasn't disclosed.

 

 

Tyrer contended that "WLEX disconnected to try to ransom the station back."

 

 

Dalbey countered later Friday that the amount his side wants "really is less than 10 cents per day per customer."

 

He blamed DirecTV for not responding promptly to proposals Cordillera has made.

 

 

Its interesting that the owners of LEX18 think that 10 cents a day per subscriber is reasonable. That would be around $3 a month - for just one local station. And that seems to just be cost to DirecTV. If DirecTV marks up that amount (which they would need to do to run a business) it would be over $4 a month of subscriber charges. With a base subscription no including equipment around $40-$50 a month this is over 5% of charged amount.

 

No wonder DirecTV is balking.

 

Off to buy an antenna... to watch the NFL game today.

I've seen these disputes several times over my 15 years with Directv. It also happens with cable and dish. I think a local station was dropped for a couple of days before things finally got resolved. I can also remember Nickelodeon and a few other channels being dropped for a couple weeks. Typically both sides blame each other for being unreasonable and not caring about their customers, and things eventually get worked out. TV providers better get their act together....with streaming services improving (like ROKU), I know lots of people that are cutting the cord. Once sports programming becomes readily available, I'll be cutting the cord as well.

I blame meathead Rob Lowe.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.