Remembering Birdsfan Through The New Year

Run To State

Let me guess. When you guys were there, his folks just appeared. It's like he calls them. "Hey, guess who's here to see me?"

When I went back to see BF by myself, before we left to come home, last fall, I hadn't told anybody. Low and behold, as I as standing there talking to him, his parents roll up.

What great people. My heart goes out to them, too, during this holiday season.

Believe it or not, his folks were there getting ready to leave when we pulled up. I never said a thing to them or anyone that we would be visiting. I agree, it is as if he calls them and says "hey, guess who's here to see me?".

A quote from Birdsfan's FB page from a little more than a year ago.

"I just went to Jared and bought one of those ginormous chocolate diamonds.

Well, let me warn you right now -- those things are a total rip-off! They're impossible to chew and you can barely even taste the chocolate."

:lol2:

Oh how I miss his humor!

I have avoided posting in this thread because it's difficult. But, over the course of the laSt 9 or 10 months, I hear him often in my head. I miss his unique humor. It helped me through some really tough times. I especially miss our long conversations (arguments) about the virtues of green veggies. I can't eat broccoli these days without remembering some of those classic (illogical) reasons he came up with to avoid all things green.

I have avoided posting in this thread because it's difficult. But, over the course of the laSt 9 or 10 months, I hear him often in my head. I miss his unique humor. It helped me through some really tough times. I especially miss our long conversations (arguments) about the virtues of green veggies. I can't eat broccoli these days without remembering some of those classic (illogical) reasons he came up with to avoid all things green.

There are a million things I could write about Birdsfan, but nothing seems adequate.

I miss his funny sense of humor and his sarcastic wit. Loved that guy.

Thanks for posting that picture of his headstone with "Birdsfan" on it. That is incredible.

There are a million things I could write about Birdsfan, but nothing seems adequate.

I miss his funny sense of humor and his sarcastic wit. Loved that guy.

Thanks for posting that picture of his headstone with "Birdsfan" on it. That is incredible.

Agreed with the bold. I can't say anything that comes close to conveying what he meant to me.