Remembering Birdsfan Through The New Year

Run To State

This time of year, the void I feel with Birdsfan's passing weighs heavily as I know it does with many of you. Since the first time I met him he was such a source of inspiration and motivation to me. Such a true and awe inspiring friend. Christmas and New Year just isn't the same without him, we would talk pretty much daily but more so this time of year because I'm always off work until after the New Year. He would always plan The Annual BGP New Year's Eve Cyber-Party and really enjoyed participating and having a ball with all of you that would join in. This year just seems so empty without him, his wit, his kindness, his spirituality. I'm not trying to depress anyone and certainly hope I'm not bringing anyone down, I just miss my friend.

I think it would be nice if you all could post some fond memories of BF, jokes you shared with him, pictures (squirrels included), songs, anything you want in remembrance of of Birdsfan throughout the remainder of the year or even into the next. What do you all think? I wish I would have thought to post this a week ago, but better late than never.

I will start with a picture BF's brother took of his grave on Christmas, I'm sure he won't mind me sharing since he knows how much all you all meant to him.

Birdsfan Christmas Day.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks RTS for starting this thread in remembrance to Birdsfan. The friendship that the two of you have has left an impressive mark on me.

I was in the company of Birdsfan one time only when we met at the BGP Christmas gathering at the Hofbrauhaus in Newport last December.

That one meeting was enough to leave a permanent monumental spiritual mark on me.

We shared stories of miracles in our lives, and our specific interest in Padre Pio. That night Birdsfan gave to me as a special gift a Padre Pio memento, as well as a guardian angel coin. I will treasure these mementos forever as well as the mark that Birdsfan left on me.

I entered that party as nervous as can be not knowing what to expect, and almost did not attend, and walked away amazed in knowing that without a doubt there was no mistake that I was supposed to be there. I tried in advance to find every excuse in the world to not show up, and Birdsfan put me at ease with every one of them in the pre-party thread. As serious as that all sounds, Birdsfan left me in stitches the whole night with his quick and smart humorous wit.

I have to admit that it blew my mind that in such short order after meeting him that I realized that I would not have the pleasure to ever again be in his company, at least on Planet Earth, that is.

I've no doubt that he also had a lasting spiritual effect on many others, and this was made so poignantly clear by the priest that spoke at his funeral who expressed just how much David had had a lasting spiritual effect on him.

Birdsfan may be gone from this earth, but his inspiration will continue to live on forever.

Thank you Birdsfan for making this confused guy feel a whole lot more certain.

Edited by B-Ball-fan

Thanks RTS for starting this thread in remembrance to Birdsfan. The friendship that the two of you have has left an impressive mark on me.

I was in the company of Birdsfan one time only when we met at the BGP Christmas gathering at the Hofbrauhaus in Newport last December.

That one meeting was enough to leave a permanent monumental spiritual mark on me.

We shared stories of miracles in our lives, and our specific interest in Padre Pio. That night Birdsfan gave to me as a special gift in a Padre Pio memento, as well as a guardian angel coin. I will treasure these mementos forever as well as the mark that Birdsfan left on me.

I entered that party as nervous as can be not knowing what to expect, and almost did not attend, and walked away amazed in knowing that without a doubt there was no mistake that I was supposed to be there. I tried in advance to find every excuse in the world to not show up, and Birdsfan put me at ease with every one of them in the pre-party thread. As serious as that all sounds, Birdsfan left me in stitches the whole night with his quick and smart humorous wit.

I have to admit that it blew my mind that in such short order after meeting him that I realized that I would not have the pleasure to ever again be in his company, at least on Planet Earth, that is.

I've no doubt that he also had a lasting spiritual effect on many others, and this was made so poignantly clear by the priest that spoke at his funeral who expressed just how much David had had a lasting spiritual effect on him.

Birdsfan may be gone from this earth, but his inspiration will continue to live on forever.

Thank you Birdsfan for making this confused guy feel a whole lot more certain.

Very nice, B-Ball-fan and thank you for sharing! Dave had a way about him, one meeting with him and you felt you've known him a lifetime. :thumb:

I've said this before but my memories of Birdsfan are from high school. Loved watching all the big football players carrying him in his wheelchair up and down the stairs to get him to his classes. Total dedication in making sure Dave got around each day. Loved it!

I want to thank TB&G for visiting Birdsfan's grave with my wife and me the Monday before Christmas. I know his folks thought the world of that as did I, just as we all thought the world of swamprat and Mrs swamprat for visiting back in October!

Let me guess. When you guys were there, his folks just appeared. It's like he calls them. "Hey, guess who's here to see me?"

When I went back to see BF by myself, before we left to come home, last fall, I hadn't told anybody. Low and behold, as I as standing there talking to him, his parents roll up.

What great people. My heart goes out to them, too, during this holiday season.

I want to thank TB&G for visiting Birdsfan's grave with my wife and me the Monday before Christmas. I know his folks thought the world of that as did I, just as we all thought the world of swamprat and Mrs swamprat for visiting back in October!

Thank you for taking me! We'll plan to do it again in the spring.

Also, many of you may not know, but on the back of his headstone, it reads "Birdsfan." That was unbelievably kind and understanding of his parents to do that.