Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

East Carter 29 Ashland 28

Featured Replies

64 back As of the end of last season

Ashland 1,918

Paducah Tilghman 1,854

 

Now it's:

 

Ashland 1918 (0-11)

Paducah 1862 (8-1)

  • Replies 116
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the prom last night?

Was the prom last night?

 

Huh?

Huh?

Kids might be a little off their game after a prom.....

Kids might be a little off their game after a prom.....

 

Understandable.. Prom season is a long way off, which is what confused me I guess.

So who's next for Ashland? I'm curious if they can win more than a few games this season.

Kids might be a little off their game after a prom.....

 

Definitely wasn't much scoring today.

  • Author
So who's next for Ashland? I'm curious if they can win more than a few games this season.

 

5-6 Muhlenberg Co. for 7th place in A.I.T tomorrow

 

5-6 Muhlenberg Co. for 7th place in A.I.T tomorrow

 

Thanks.. I won't hold my breath on getting a win...Again.

Ashland is without their two best players/scoring options. You would think they have enough depth to overcome it, but that's not the case.

 

I have a lot of respect for Coach Biggs. Unfortunately kids can't be coached like they were 5-10 years ago. Everything is seen as "too hard" on kids in a day and age where they are handed a lot.

Ashland is without their two best players/scoring options. You would think they have enough depth to overcome it, but that's not the case.

 

I have a lot of respect for Coach Biggs. Unfortunately kids can't be coached like they were 5-10 years ago. Everything is seen as "too hard" on kids in a day and age where they are handed a lot.

 

Just curious, what do you mean by this?

Ashland is without their two best players/scoring options. You would think they have enough depth to overcome it, but that's not the case.

 

I have a lot of respect for Coach Biggs. Unfortunately kids can't be coached like they were 5-10 years ago. Everything is seen as "too hard" on kids in a day and age where they are handed a lot.

 

The "too hard" comment makes no sense imo. Football and soccer players deal with the same thing, yet Ashland has no problem fielding a respectable team in those sports, or any other sport for that matter.

And it's IMO that players now days are expected to be handed a lot of things, instead of earned. The problem with our younger generation and society as a whole is simple: soft.

 

With Coach Biggs it's always been what you're given is always earned.

 

He had a ton of talent at Pendleton Co in mid

2000's, but those kids were tough as nails.

 

I made no reference to football, or soccer though. But from the football forum in the fall though I would say they had their fair share of issues.

This is a basketball thread, not football!

I have watched the coach Biggs years at Ashland and to me, it was always about him. I remember watching a district tournament game in which I believe Delaney hit a game winner from the elbow and Biggs reaction and his demonstration to the crowd left me feeling this way to the point that I mentioned it to my wife. I dont think he ever connected with the Ashland kids. He made his living through free agency.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.