Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

East Carter 29 Ashland 28

Featured Replies

Kids might be a little off their game after a prom.....

 

Definitely wasn't much scoring today.

 

:lol2:

  • Replies 116
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely wasn't much scoring today.

 

Some of us saw what you did there.

Some of us saw what you did there.

 

I am curious. Are there talented basketball players in the school who are just choosing not to play hoops or did a generation of parents just happen to not produce any superstar players in the Ashland area? And that's a serious question. Are they shorthanded by choice?

I have watched the coach Biggs years at Ashland and to me, it was always about him. I remember watching a district tournament game in which I believe Delaney hit a game winner from the elbow and Biggs reaction and his demonstration to the crowd left me feeling this way to the point that I mentioned it to my wife. I dont think he ever connected with the Ashland kids. He made his living through free agency.
Fact.
I am curious. Are there talented basketball players in the school who are just choosing not to play hoops or did a generation of parents just happen to not produce any superstar players in the Ashland area? And that's a serious question. Are they shorthanded by choice?

 

That I don't know.

 

Didn't Ashland have a couple of guys (brothers, maybe) who transferred to Thomas Nelson not all that long ago?

That I don't know.

 

Didn't Ashland have a couple of guys (brothers, maybe) who transferred to Thomas Nelson not all that long ago?

 

Yeah, then they transferred to West Virginia. I forgot that they were at Ashland

That I don't know.

 

Didn't Ashland have a couple of guys (brothers, maybe) who transferred to Thomas Nelson not all that long ago?

Only Dikembe played at Ashland. The cousin did not. Then they went to Thomas Nelson, problems came with, and then migrated to West Virginia. I won't divulge the reasons they left because if violates rule #4 of the user agreement.

Only Dikembe played at Ashland. The cousin did not. Then they went to Thomas Nelson, problems came with, and then migrated to West Virginia. I won't divulge the reasons they left because if violates rule #4 of the user agreement.

 

:lol2: We fully understand

I made no reference to football, or soccer though. But from the football forum in the fall though I would say they had their fair share of issues.

 

I'm not trying to change the subject, but I'm just trying to compare a couple of the other major sports at the same school. Your not the first one that has mentioned that kids don't want to work hard anymore and I can agree to an extent. However I mentioned football and soccer because those kids work hard too, yet Ashland has not had a problem fielding competitive teams in those sports.

 

In the end I believe it comes down to the coaches and for some reason Bigg's is losing his kids, they just don't seem to want to play for him. You could be right about they just don't want to put in the effort, but there doesn't seem to be a problem getting kids to put in the effort for every other sport at Blazer.

Some of us saw what you did there.

 

I opted to pass, LB did not :)

Nick Miller has a broken foot and Demante Thornton moved to Cleveland. Miller is a top 10 player, maybe the best,in the region and Thornton would have been top 10. Even with them this would have been a down year but without them it's pretty ugly.

Nick Miller has a broken foot and Demante Thornton moved to Cleveland. Miller is a top 10 player' date=' maybe the best,in the region and Thornton would have been top 10. Even with them this would have been a down year but without them it's pretty ugly.[/quote']

 

How long has Miller been out?

Hey maybe East is some sort of supernatural defensive team because they were up on Boyd 18-17 at half today. I left so I'm not sure how it ended but both teams were shooting about 20% at the half.

How long has Miller been out?

 

Missed the last 6 games. He and Villars were the only returning players with varsity experience and it's obviously been an issue.

 

Lost to Greenup by 2, Holy Cross in OT, and East by 1. Had some other losses to teams they had no business playing this year. Louisville Moore, Louisville Male, and Louisville Eastern come to mind.

 

Trust me they are going to struggle with Miller but without him, whew.

 

Missed the last 6 games. He and Villars were the only returning players with varsity experience and it's obviously been an issue.

 

 

I suppose that could be part of the bad start then. Did Ashland just have a ton of seniors last season, or did several of them decide not to play this year?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.