Another Florida State Criminal Investigation

Clyde

Did any one else hear about the stories over the past few days when Jameis Winston and about 15 teammates brought food and clothes to the needy in Tallahassee? Me neither.

Or the time a few weeks ago when Jameis went to an elementary school and read them books during story time and to hang out with the little kids? I only knew because Bleacher Report wrote about it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The investigators are partial to the sunny weather.

You'd think Pepperdine and Hawaii would be under constant investigation by the NCAA. If I was an NCAA investigator, Hawaii wouldn't get away with giving away jelly for biscuits! I'd be there so much I'd have to change my drivers license.

Let me get this straight, so there are questions about another FSU player, in this case being around people in a possible crime, yet people want to blame the media?

I'm sure all on here tell their kids to watch out who they hang out with, and many others at least kind of check on their kids friends. Why? Who cares if your kids run around with less desirables, people who may hold up a store, as long as your kid is an angel he won't be negatively effective right?

If this player was hanging out with someone who committed a crime, it's his fault.

Let me get this straight, so there are questions about another FSU player, in this case being around people in a possible crime, yet people want to blame the media?

I'm sure all on here tell their kids to watch out who they hang out with, and many others at least kind of check on their kids friends. Why? Who cares if your kids run around with less desirables, people who may hold up a store, as long as your kid is an angel he won't be negatively effective right?

If this player was hanging out with someone who committed a crime, it's his fault.

The point is he has committed no crime at all. It is not a crime to know someone as is basically all that is being reported here. Yes, you do have to be careful who you choose to be friends with, but he committed no crime. Certainly the original reporting headlines did not portray it as such.

Again, he was not a witness. He was not an accomplice. He is not a suspect. He is an ASSOCIATE and that my friends is not news. Dalvin Cook is from Miami. I'd hazard a guess there's quite a few people from Miami that are "associates" of someone who has been investigated for a crime.

If you feel that was pertinent and necessary reporting then I would counter we should start digging into all the other programs in the NCAA and soon you will find you will not read any other news besides how many players are associates of someone under investigation.

For reference, this was the initial tweet from the ESPN reporter that broke the "story":

@McMurphyESPN: Tally PD: FSU RB Dalvin Cook part of active investigation as associate of 2 men in aggravated assault, alleged to wave firearm at victim

They got the associate part correct, and yet, you'd likely conclude they were saying he was brandishing the firearm. In reality, he wasn't even there or involved in any way whatsoever.

The ESPN headline for the article is merely: Dalvin Cook named in police report.

I think of an old Simpsons joke - there's the truth (shakes head), and THE TRUTH (smiling big and nodding). In other words, it is true he was named, but it is attempting to mislead you in order to get clicks.

That's sad asking for open records on 360 athletes, find something better to do.

I'm not sure how I feel about 300 hits in the police records. I'd have to see how that compares to a similar college population. Shoot, for all I know that's not unusual at all.

Keep thinking that there haven't been problems up Tallahassee way. Things have been getting swept under the carpet for years during the Bobby Bowden "good ole boys" days. How many time times did you hear Bobby dismiss things as "boys being boys"? It is much easier to cover things up in Tallahassee than it is in Miami believe it! This stuff happens all over the country at all universities and it's a shame what crimes most of these athletes get away with, especially the liberties that they take with young female college students because they can get away with it.

Plus I believe it happened in July. In July he was buried in the depth chart. Now in December he's one of the team MVPs so I guess it qualifies as news now. :no:

Keep thinking that there haven't been problems up Tallahassee way. Things have been getting swept under the carpet for years during the Bobby Bowden "good ole boys" days. How many time times did you hear Bobby dismiss things as "boys being boys"? It is much easier to cover things up in Tallahassee than it is in Miami believe it! This stuff happens all over the country at all universities and it's a shame what crimes most of these athletes get away with, especially the liberties that they take with young female college students because they can get away with it.

Please tell me you aren't referring to the rape case, in which there wasnt enough evidence to support rape nor did the fact that HER story changed repeatedly help her situation.